Business/Law Degre? (1 Viewer)

jbailey2106

HSC
Hey guys, just wanted to get a few opinions on this degree in the eyes of possible students? At this stage I think I'm on track for about a 96-97 ATAR, and therefore that rules out Undergrad at Sydney without a transfer, so I considered others, mainly UTS and Melbourne.

I've heard a bunch of mixed opinions about the credibility of UTS for this course..

The main positive arguments were that it:
- Offers a bunch of practical, hands-on experience rather than just theoretical insights for both Law and Business
- Offers the opportunity for Practical Legal Training at the same uni, rather than having to source it externally before becoming properly qualified

However, I've also had the opposite side of the argument suggested to me, such as
- Doesn't have the USYD rep, in particular for Law as Reputation is everything for Law when it comes to employment?

I just wanted to get your opinion on the whole situation? Anybody had any experience with Business/Law at UTS or Commerce/Law at USYD? The other risk about USYD is that if I can't manage HD's then I won't be able to transfer across to the dual degree, so UTS seems like a safe bet in that sense, irrespective of course content/rep.

The other option was Melbourne, as I know the Commerce course is No.1 in Australia, and The Melbourne JD is also well renowned, although financing college/living expenses will be quite difficult so I'm not sure... Either way, I think I'm going to defer the course for a year and jet off for Euro-trip haha

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys! Cheers

inJust

HSC
Why haven't you considered Law/Commerce at UNSW? UNSW's ASB is the most prestigious and it's neck to neck in terms of law with Sydney. I would say that UNSW Law/Comm should be up there in your preferences.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)