Business and Commerce unit set help (1 Viewer)

FiFa MVP

HSC
Thanks for the help. I've selected my key program, but when i tick end it stays there. Is that the proper way to end it or do you do it another way? And now once ive chosen a key program, i have to choose nine units to do under that key program to go along with the 7 compulsory ones, and that is it for the first year?

Last edited:

Knowingnothing

Legendary!
HSC
The Status should tell the story.

If it says "Ended" then you're no longer registered in it.

If it says "Enrolled" then you're registered in it.

Enrolled should also be highlighted in yellow I think.

FiFa MVP

HSC
So if im enrolled in a key program, and its yellow am i stuck with it or can i still change or cancel it?

And now once ive chosen a key program, i have to choose nine units to do under that key program to go along with the 7 compulsory ones, and that is it for the first year?

Knowingnothing

Legendary!
HSC
So if im enrolled in a key program, and its yellow am i stuck with it or can i still change or cancel it?
As noted above you can change it. Yellow just means what you're currently enrolled in.

If you're doing core units first then you decide to change, then you'll have no problem.

If you're doing non-core units like Sports Management or Torts then you decide to change then that means those subjects will go under your elective units.

Only time you'll really have a problem is if you do more than 8 non-core business units then decide to change your Key Program...but that's unlikely.

And now once ive chosen a key program, i have to choose nine units to do under that key program to go along with the 7 compulsory ones, and that is it for the first year?
Once you've chosen your Key Program, your recommended program is to do the Key Program + the 7 core/compulsory business units. The rest of your Key Program Units (8 subjects) are allocated into 4 semesters. So each semester after the first year means you'll do 2 of your Key Program Units + your electives (which are your Majors/Sub-majors). This is assuming you do 4 units a semester and don't fail anything.

7 core business subjects for 70 credit points.

9 Key Programs subjects for 90 credit points.

8 units of your choice for 80 credit points.

That's your course.

FiFa MVP

HSC
Thanks for the help man, much appreciated.

In regards to changing the key program that i've enrolled in, can I do that in the unit set part of the enrollment or some other way.

Knowingnothing

Legendary!
HSC
In regards to changing the key program that i've enrolled in, can I do that in the unit set part of the enrollment or some other way.
Of course. I think that's the only way of doing it.

Just make sure you only have one "Key Program" registered in yellow and says "Enrolled".

FiFa MVP

HSC
I'm up to unit selection, shouldn't the seven compulsory units be already in the table since their compulsory or I do i have to search and add them separately. And also, for my key program that is yellow meaning im enrolled in, it has a box thats says end. When i tick it and confirm the key program remains enrolled. How do i exactly end it if i want to change it to another key program?

Last edited:

Knowingnothing

Legendary!
HSC
I'm up to unit selection, shouldn't the seven compulsory units be already in the table since their compulsory or I do i have to search and add them separately. And also, for my key program that is yellow meaning im enrolled in, it has a box thats says end. When i tick it and confirm the key program remains enrolled. How do i exactly end it if i want to change it to another key program?
You can enter them yourself easily. That way you can select which of the compulsory units you want to do first.

If you tick End then click "Confirm" it should generally remove the unit. But I've had problems with it before so there might be the occasional problem. It's best to check up with support to clear things up for you.

You can also email studentinfo@uws.edu.au or call the Student Information Line on 1300 668 370.

MyStudentRecords Help | University of Western Sydney (UWS)

FiFa MVP

HSC
Ok thanks. Yeh i clicked end but it still stays there, so yeh there seems to be a problem.

FiFa MVP

HSC
Also, if i choose my units and enrol in them for the first year, does that mean im stuck with my key program?

One more thing, since it saids i need to pass a general maths test and it saids HSC mathematics is required, what Bridging courses should i register for if im doing this course? I only did General Maths in year 12. Help much appreciated!

Knowingnothing

Legendary!
HSC
Also, if i choose my units and enrol in them for the first year, does that mean im stuck with my key program?
No. You can change your Key Program but I'm not sure what happens if you continuously change it.

If you're REALLY unsure about whether the Key Program is the right choice for you, put it off till next year.

You can at least do all your 7 core units + one elective unit (which you can pick randomly).

So whether you still want to do your Key Program or not, you'll at least finish your core units and have completed a year of Uni.

One more thing, since it saids i need to pass a general maths test and it saids HSC mathematics is required, what Bridging courses should i register for if im doing this course? I only did General Maths in year 12. Help much appreciated!
The choice is entirely up to you. Both subjects are quite challenging and similar.

But you first need to get 70% or above in a Basic maths test, if you fail then you can still do Maths Reasoning, a much easier version of maths and is worth 10 credit points, just like Stats and Economic Methods.

FiFa MVP

HSC
So should i do the bridging course first and then attempt the maths test online? And would you recommend me doing Algebra 1 and Statistics as my bridging courses?

Sam990

HSC
So should i do the bridging course first and then attempt the maths test online? And would you recommend me doing Algebra 1 and Statistics as my bridging courses?
MATE make your own choices the above poster just answered your questions, why dont you just do the maths test and stop asking the same qs

Sam990

HSC
No. You can change your Key Program but I'm not sure what happens if you continuously change it.

If you're REALLY unsure about whether the Key Program is the right choice for you, put it off till next year.

You can at least do all your 7 core units + one elective unit (which you can pick randomly).

So whether you still want to do your Key Program or not, you'll at least finish your core units and have completed a year of Uni.

The choice is entirely up to you. Both subjects are quite challenging and similar.

But you first need to get 70% or above in a Basic maths test, if you fail then you can still do Maths Reasoning, a much easier version of maths and is worth 10 credit points, just like Stats and Economic Methods.
yeh i totally agree but even though if you pass mathematical reasoning and recieve 10 credit points you still need to do stats or eco methods =[

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
There are practice tests for the Basic Maths test online. I assume it's available through vUWS, but I'm not sure as I've never had to attempt one.

My advice? Do the bridging courses, through UWS they're free: Bridging programs | University of Western Sydney (UWS)

The stats one I would imagine would be useful because BBC does use a lot of stats. Not sure about algebra, but what have you got to lose? It's free!!!

FiFa MVP

HSC
Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated. Yeh they are free so i've just registered for both Algebra and Statistics bridging courses. So I'll do them then attempt the maths test.

FiFa MVP

HSC
How come when i add either Statistics for Business OR Intro to Economic Methods it allows me to do add it even though I haven't done the online maths test? I picked it for the spring semester. Also with me doing picking it for spring, does that mean i have to do the maths test then or do i have to do it now after i complete my bridging course in the next 2 weeks? I'm just really confused because i want to finish my enrolment but i cant because of this maths test and since im doing 2 bridging courses, im going to complete it just a few days before tutorial registration won't it be too late by then?

Last edited:

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
How come when i add either Statistics for Business OR Intro to Economic Methods it allows me to do add it even though I haven't done the online maths test? I picked it for the spring semester. Also with me doing picking it for spring, does that mean i have to do the maths test then or do i have to do it now after i complete my bridging course in the next 2 weeks? I'm just really confused because i want to finish my enrolment but i cant because of this maths test and since im doing 2 bridging courses, im going to complete it just a few days before tutorial registration won't it be too late by then?
I'd assume it's not prompting you to do the maths test as you've enrolled in spring semester and not autumn and you'd do it before spring starts. Does it let you enrol if you try enrolling for autumn instead?

You can enrol in classes all the way up to March 31, it's just recommended that you enrol by tute reg so you get good class spots.

I would try ringing the student centre to double check all this. I can't really offer specific advice as I haven't done the subjects myself, just relying on friend's info and my own experiences with enrollment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)