Bus from Town Hall to UNSW (1 Viewer)

Acid

HSC
Does anyone know of a bus that goes from Town Hall to UNSW? If one doesn't exist, what's the quickest method to get to UNSW from Town Hall? I don't mind catching a train to the closest train station and then getting a different bus.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
i figure, getting yourself onto eddy ave, which is close to central station and catching its various buses

dunno what buses, i dont go to that uni

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
yeah, from town hall there aren't any buses running directly to unsw. you're better off going to central and catching a 895/391/393/395 (or to circular quay).

Courtenay

HSC
N/A
If you walk up to elizabeth street there are many buses which go to UNSW. 392, 394, 396, 397 and 399 which all stop on anzac parade. Also at 8.20 and 8.35 there is an 890 which is express to UNSW and goes up high street.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Courtenay said:
If you walk up to elizabeth street there are many buses which go to UNSW. 392, 394, 396, 397 and 399 which all stop on anzac parade. Also at 8.20 and 8.35 there is an 890 which is express to UNSW and goes up high street.
yup, and also the L94. you can catch these at the busstop outside museum station opposite DJs.

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
And the X94 is really really quick. First stop is Kingsford though, so you'll have to backtrack a bit.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
The quickest way is to walk up Bathurst street to Elizabeth street and catch one of the buses already mentioned from the bus stop just down from the big obelisk thing.

RooRaa

HSC
N/A
Yeh, i catch the bus from Elizabeth street. I have found it usually takes about 15-20 mins. The 391 goes via eddy avenue so takes longer and there is one that goes via surry hills that takes longer too (like 30 mins). Just check that they go down oxford street and you should be right :) L94 is the best.

Acid

HSC
L94 - gotcha. Thanks very much for that, I appreciate it.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
RooRaa said:
there is one that goes via surry hills that takes longer too (like 30 mins).
i can't remember the bus number, but yeah, try to avoid this one. last time i tried to catch it from uni to city... took forever... :burn:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
t-i-m-m-y said:
And the X94 is really really quick. First stop is Kingsford though, so you'll have to backtrack a bit.
Hmm doesn't the X94 only run during PM peak?

savO

HSC
Which type of travel passes do I need to buy? from Central St to UNSW (by bus)
There are few different colours - blue, brown,red,green and orange...
and I can buy it from Newsagents right?

phrred

HSC
Brown travel 10

u can buy it from newsagents and on campus

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
I'm confused by that, it looks like we only go through two sectors! Why do we need the brown!?!?!? Grrrr. Cunts.
edit: wiat i get it now, the sections are different to the travelpass one if you're buying a travel ten.

Last edited:

Gillianna

HSC
If I get a Brown Travel 10, does it mean i have to use it within a week from the day I bought it? Or travel 10 time at any time I want?

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Travelpass = unlimited trips for a week

Travelten = 10 trips, no time limit

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Hmm though just a quick question. I head to CBD via Hillbus' M2 Express, and they can drop me off at either Wynyard's York Street, or Queen Victoria Building.

If I hop off at QVB, would any of the mentioned bus stops be close to me? Cos um, I tried using the Transport thingy - 131500.com and it told me to enter the 470 at george street near Market Street, then hop off Railway Square Stand D, George street and walk towards central station (223 metres) Though after looking at the map, it appears the Elizabeth street is much better, since it drops you off almost in front of central station, in order to catch the unsw express buses.

So...my question is, is there a bus stop nearby so that I can walk from QVB to Elizabeth Street? [lol :mad1: That's like my only problem, from Town hall [QVB] to central station, weird enough my parents said I should walk from QVB down to central station...though I doubt that it's a distance walkable]

Thanks in advance!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)