Bus/Concession Passes (1 Viewer)

Truly_bored

HSC
Does anyone know whether we can use our student ID card to buy concession ticket on 'WESTBUS' or do we have to get a separate bus pass for 'WESTBUS'.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
u need a seperate bus pass for private busses like west bus...if u want those passes, go c the student centre and get a form and get a concession card for private busses. :)

Adam

HSC
Westbus is gay. I flashed my student card, and he just said 'no'. Bugger that I say, I'd rather walk for an hour (as I did/do) then get another card for the buggers.

Carlito

HSC
Originally posted by Adam
Westbus is gay. I flashed my student card, and he just said 'no'. Bugger that I say, I'd rather walk for an hour (as I did/do) then get another card for the buggers.
wtf, they dont accept a valid student card as proof you are a student... man thats fucked

Collin

HSC
N/A
That's really stupid. Should of asked for a valid reason for the denial, or more appropriately given them the finger.

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
collin tsk tsk hostility gets u no where..lol..hrmm i used mine yesterday and teh guy just told me i needed to get a different card but he let me on for concession..meh so i guess it depends on teh driver!

Generator

HSC
N/A
Westbus is subsidised by the State Government to ferry around school kids, yet tertiary students get no such help... They only offer concessions if they feel the need. It's valid, and fair. It's bloody annoying, though, and I have given up and now just pay the full fare (although the school kids still do not move from their bloody seats).

Collin

HSC
N/A
collin tsk tsk hostility gets u no where..lol..hrmm i used mine yesterday and teh guy just told me i needed to get a different card but he let me on for concession..meh so i guess it depends on teh driver!
Maybe he just likes flirtacious blonde chicks? :D

Westbus is subsidised by the State Government to ferry around school kids, yet tertiary students get no such help... They only offer concessions if they feel the need. It's valid, and fair. It's bloody annoying, though, and I have given up and now just pay the full fare (although the school kids still do not move from their bloody seats).
Yeah, the school kids who don't move are hell annoying. Should of given them the finger too :lol:

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
haha well depnds for me boys from st doms (all boys school) give me their seats..no such luck from teh girls....lol..i not sure it was cos i was a flirtatious blonde chick to teh fact i doubt bus drivers in my area give a shit about whether im entilted to a concession..lol

Carlito

HSC
Apparently I won a weeks free transport from some O Week Competion.... i got a letter in the mail about it

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
harris park is crap too, half the bus drivers cant even speak english and so they cant even explain to you why they wont let u pay half fare.
I think its stupid that they dont just accept the city rail sticker thing on our student cards, why would u bother getting a fake student card just so you could ride for half fare? The harris park ones you have to get replaced every 6 months too, and send a photo, so its a big pain in the bum.
One time i was on my way home from school, in my school uniform, and i forgot my wallet, and hence my bus pass and student id, and i had to borrow money off a friend, and the driver charged me full fare coz i didnt have my student id. I swore my head off at him and ended up in the year coordinators office the next day....

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
I tried to get a Private [Robber Baron] Concession Card today, and it seems that there is another step to the process, making it truly a bureaucratic nightmare. After getting the application approved, you are required to go to the relevant bus company, show them the application, and get the pass from them..Which you then have to return at the end of the semester. Very pedantic and stingy.

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
The same thing happened to me! Except I said I'm not paying full fare and the guy just let me on with a stern look on his face.

Westbus gives me the biggest shits I have to psyche myself up to become aggressive with the drivers because I just KNOW that they're going to concoct some sort of excuse to charge me full fare... and me usually being the passive person I am just gives in. NOT ANY MORE.

West bus will serve my commands I say LOL

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Hahah. So much bitching in this thread when the solution is simple:

a) Get off your lazy arse and get a concession card from your bus company OR

b) Move out of the 'hole' that is your suburb and join the rest of us Sydneysiders who take public buses for granted OR

c) Invest in hair dye AND/OR plastic/cosmetic surgery AND/OR sex change to appear as a flirtatious female blonde.

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Originally posted by GoodToGo
Hahah. So much bitching in this thread when the solution is simple:

a) Get off your lazy arse and get a concession card from your bus company OR
Just got my concession card today. The Busways depot was very secluded, being surronded by scrub and bushland with a large number of snakes.. Luckily, I didn't have to walk. :p Good to have my first bus pass since Year 6. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)