burning cd's (1 Viewer)

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i've just burnt a cd for my bf (for our anniversary). i went to see how it'd gone (once burnt) and i got pretty annoyed...the track names are just "track01.cda", etc not what i'd named them (cant change them), the fact that its in cda is annoying, and the name i'd given the cd isnt there either. i did it through windows media player.

i have other cds i can use. what i want to know is:
1) is there any way of changing track names/formats (now or on future burns)?
2) what program is the best to use (something i can download pretty easy)? i tried to download nero, but couldnt find the right version on their site (downloaded 2 things, neither of them were what i needed)

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I don't know if you can burn an audio cd with track names. I've used nero before and it has changed them to track1, track 2 etc. I'm sure someone will be able to tell you for sure.

sunny

meh.
HSC
Audio CDs cannot not have track names. Computer programs only recognise the CD, and put a name on top to give each track a name. CD players just go through each track in order.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
ogm: i probably dont need something universal per se, both my & his comps are windows so if it works on mine it should work on his, right?
the site's good, but doesnt give me the info i really want. and at this stage i cbf'd to read the whole faq

i think what i really want is just being able to name it. i went through the whole naming thing when i initially burnt the cd (through 'write songs to disk' or whatever it's called, which then opened media player once i selected audio cd).

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i tried downloading nero 7. it said i needed directx 9.0b, downloaded and installed this (the only thing i could find for 9.0b on the microsoft site). nero still says i need to download/install 9.0b (i've tried rebooting already)

any ideas?

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i got nero installed, but it keeps coming up (in nero & nero express) with this error and all i can do is hit ok, which quits it:

ideas anyone?

Gangels

HSC
alby said:
i got nero installed, but it keeps coming up (in nero & nero express) with this error and all i can do is hit ok, which quits it:

ideas anyone?
Windows doesnt have a good history for music, Download iTunes at apple.com. Its by far the best. The computer should find the track names on the internet for you. But if the cd isnt an overly popular one it wont have it on the database

alby

cool duckie
HSC
it's a compilation that i've made up. i've got all the details for each song so that's not a problem.
can itunes burn?

all i want is just to be able to write the names (cd and songs) onto the disk..if its possible. its a rewritable cd if that helps.

Gangels

HSC
alby said:
it's a compilation that i've made up. i've got all the details for each song so that's not a problem.
can itunes burn?

all i want is just to be able to write the names (cd and songs) onto the disk..if its possible. its a rewritable cd if that helps.
Im not sure whether it is possible. An Mp3 disc might be able to do it. They save the track names with them but those confuse me. I dont think its possible to save the track names on a CD-R

alby

cool duckie
HSC
that's cool, thanks for the help before

just flicking through the burning settings on itunes. audio cd or mp3 cd?

Gangels

HSC
alby said:
that's cool, thanks for the help before

just flicking through the burning settings on itunes. audio cd or mp3 cd?
Try Mp3. Not too sure but it should save it on the disc. If it doesnt i think you'll need an Mp3 disc. Not a regular disc.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
sweet. the tracks have names..not perfect, but they're there anyway. cd doesnt have a name, but i'll survive :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)