Bullying victim in line for $1m payout (1 Viewer)

iamsickofyear12

HSC
BritneySpears said:
  • 517 women per 1,000 population were overweight or obese in Australia 1999-2000 (Australia’s Health 2004, AIHW)
  • 673 men per 1,000 population were overweight or obese in Australia 1999-2000 (Australia’s Health 2004, AIHW)
http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/o/overweight/stats.htm
Australians are a bunch of losers then eh? LOL
Those ones are.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Serius said:
Meh iam conflicted on this. Small amounts of bullying never hurt anyone and it does build character, the idea is he will toughen up and learn to deal with his own problems instead of hiding behind mummy's skirt. Personally if it was me, i would have tried to fight him[which i did in primary school due to a bullying incident] if that didnt solve it, or i lost and was humiliated, i would have brought friends along the next time. If that didnt work, its time to bring a bat to school, or start fighting back in subversive ways like finding out where the bully lives, cutting his dogs head off and sticking it in the mailbox. Bullys arent tough if you fight back, and fighting back teaches you the skills you need to survive in life.
Its a good thing that it worked out for you.
It seems that you had the motives and all the elements required to become the 2nd virgina-tech shooter.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
zimmerman8k said:
Fat people are disgusting. Surely it was reasonably foreseeable in this case that the Plaintiff's being fat would make him a target for bullies. Therefore he is contributory negligent and his damages should be reduced. Reduced to nothing! Plus also has anyone seen this guy? He should be given a jail sentance just to make him loose some weight.
Hahaha...

Well, zimmerman. Was the risk of injury to a class of persons (fat people), including good old cox, a reasonable foreseeable consequence of the schools negligence?
I reckon it is reasonably foreseeable that a fat kid of that appearance would get teased.

Was it reasonable foreseeable that negligence of some kind by the school waould cause some kind of injury to the fat kid? And was the risk of this injury insignificant?
Even if it was reasonable foreseeable I doubt the risk of him becoming mental was significant. Suck on the CLA...

How would a reasonable person respond to the risk?
- it was not probable that you would be unable to work for the rest of your life due to bullying
- seriousness of the risk - it was serious if it existed
-precautions - I dunno what precautions the school had taken? Isolated hte fat kid from society?
- Where there conflicting responsibilities? If the school focused only on the well being of that one kid they would not have been able to serve the greater school population i.e. allowing hot people such as myself to tease ugly people. Similarly, if they put all their money into anti-bullying campaigns how would they pay the teachers?

Now onto causation -
How do we know he became mental because of the schools negligence? Would he not have suffered harm if it wasn't for the schools negligence? YES HE WOULD HAVE...no matter where he is he would have been teased.

Now, was the damage too remote a consequence of the schools negligence? Okay, we're a bit screwed here...I think...it might be reasonable foreseeable that a kid getting bullied might suffer some sort of emotional damage...However, the fact that it wasn't foreseeable that he wouldn't be able to work forever after was no excuse.

So yeah...draw your own conclusions i cbf writing anymore

Last edited:

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
what a fucking piss ant. toughen up sunshine.

now the governments paying him to sit on his arse all day playing playstation and contemplating suicide (but being too fat and lazy to do it)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
Not trolling.
Yes you are, because no right minded person would put forth such a ludicrous point of view unless they were after a reaction full of 'lolz'! Unless you're aryanbeauty, and you're not.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
$1 million compensation is a bit too much, considering the event happened like what 10 years ago?
even people who become quadriplegic after accidents dont get more than that, so why is he entitled more of taxpayers money than other people?

WWJD_2005

Banned
HSC
$1 million compensation is a bit too much, considering the event happened like what 10 years ago?
even people who become quadriplegic after accidents dont get more than that, so why is he entitled more of taxpayers money than other people?
It's a question of who can be called responsible to be honest.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
jemsta said:
$210k was for damages
the rest making up the $1mil will be for loss of income...i think

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Yeah, but does he get more than 1mil as life goes on?

I would believe that psychological harm would be worse than physical harm, in most cases. So I guess that getting a mil for this is kinda understandable.

G

Gavvvvvin

Loss of income? I've seen tards with drool coming out of their mouth manage to get jobs cleaning trays at Maccas, why cant this fat shit?

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Nebuchanezzar said:
Yeah, but does he get more than 1mil as life goes on?

I would believe that psychological harm would be worse than physical harm, in most cases. So I guess that getting a mil for this is kinda understandable.
It's expected to be one lump sum payment.
The smaller amount of 213k was for the emotional harm
The 790k expected to be paid is for loss of income/inability to get a job. (I think...its not clear in that article)

To gav...the guys with drool coming out are more so physically disabled for other reasons...if you're scared shitless of going to work because of emotional trauma it might be said to be reasonable.

However, I am sceptical of the idea that he is so scared of working?

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
zimmerman8k said:
What the hell. A post by Ari that isnt just a heap of irrelevant song lyrics or a one liner that has nothing to do with the thread!

I don't know the details of the case so its impossible to judge whether he really can't work. But assuming he genuine ly can't, 790k doesn't seem particularly excessive. This guys is only 18 so if he worked 47 years till retirment age at the average wage of around 50k at year thats $2.35 million! As Ari points out it is "one lump sum payment" and as such cannot be adjusted for inflation when the average wage becomes much greater than 50k. So taking all this into account it doesnt seem excessive at all.
It might not be excessive, but is it really jusifiable?

My relevant posts just out number my irrelevant posts, zimmerman

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
zimmerman8k said:
I dont know Ari, I just said I didn't know as I dont know the details of the case. Making judgements about a case like this based on news reports is just stupid.
But then we run out of stuff to talk about. If we all agree there's no edge...

BritneySpears

Banned
HSC
Someone said they should fight back their bully. As you would know not everyone is brave or physically strong to fight back so is it acceptable to bring guns to fight back bully and shoot them in the face ;)

melbell2046

HSC
Hate to be a kill joy everyone but bullying is something that people will face in all aspects of their lives. The problem is that the bullying issue is focused on in primary schools. While this man was obviously mentally taunted by the bullying that occured in his early years, i can't help but notice that he suddenly has the motivation and strength to stand up for himself and profess his traumatic childhood experiences to a courtroom full of people.
I have to agree that $1 million is over the top, my rational behind this is that thousands of people around the world are bullied everyday, they find a way to deal with this whether it's privately or socially and the vast majority end up leading productive lives. $1 million could have been spent on a more worth-while cause

ccc123

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
Have you seen a picture of this kid... no wonder he was bullied. This whole thing is ridiculous.... this fat loser just needs to toughen up get on with his pathetic life. He shouldn't be getting any money at all.
hahaha. Pretty much, although i probably would have been a bit more diplomatic. And to be fair, it did sound like quite a radical case, so some compensation would be justafiable. 1m, however, is ridiculous.

a) People who are victims or much more horredous crimes get less then that.
b)As indetified by Mellbell, don't we think its a tad suspicious that, although "severly psychologically traumatised" he has now found the courage to stand up for himself in a courtroom?
c) As has also been pointed out, there are SO many cases of bullying, everywhere, all the time. So, by giving this bod 1m, what kind of precedent is being set?

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
BritneySpears said:
Someone said they should fight back their bully. As you would know not everyone is brave or physically strong to fight back so is it acceptable to bring guns to fight back bully and shoot them in the face ;)
Its a big leap of the imagination to from someone who is willing to defend themselves when they are being violently attacked, and someone who will murder another in cold blood. True, a gun is an equaliser in that it doesnt matter how strong they are, but how many primary school kids would think of that? heres my "fucked"list

The bully: fucked in the head to torture another kid like that

Teachers: didnt give a fuck, and let him be beat up

Other kids: didnt help, didnt give a shit. It takes two kinds of people for evil to occur, those who do it, and those who let them do it and dont tryto stop it

The kid himself: didnt defend himself, didnt take the action he needed to stop it

Parents: Should have done more than talking to the teachers. At the very least if i had to step in, i would speak to the bully very quietly and say if he touches my son again i will come into his room at night and slit his throat from ear to ear, then i would show him the fillet knife i would use to do it[just so he knows iam serious] if he tells anyone just deny it.

Even though all these people are fucked in the head or just plain evil, at the end of the day he was the one getting hurt and he should have taken action. If someone is going to murder you do you just stand there and be all like "thats illegal! if you kill me you will go to prison!"....well so? postpunishment doesnt fix the fact that you just lost your life just like crying in court and getting a payout doesnt undo your psychological trauma.

A good story my friend has is he used to be bullied in school by some dickhead with a sense of entitlement, he walked past this kids house every day on the way to school and bully's dog would bark at him. It was a big motherfucker of a dog, i think he said rotwheeler but might have been something else, anyways it was a violent dog and the family had been in shit for it biting people before. One day he stuck some pills in a hunk of cheese and threw it to the dog. Next day, no bully at school, no dog barking. Later he let him know in no uncertain terms that he killed his dog, and if he fucks with him anymore he will poison his family next :D. Thats the way to handle it if you arent tough or you dont have tough friends.

G

Gavvvvvin

God some of you live in fucking fantasy land. Teachers can only do so much. Regardless of what they do, bullying is still going to occur as soon as their backs are turned. What do you expect the teachers to do, hold your hand 24/7 whilst your at school?

Dimsimmer

Random User
HSC
Yeah, teachers cant alway look after you at school. Anyways, you could still get bullied during outside of school hours. But I reckon that people should try to be strong and fight back if they are being picked on instead of allowing people to trample over them. That way the bully would probably stop bothering you since he might be scared. I honestly reckon that the victim should learn to face up to his problems instead of complaining about how shit his life has been and asking for compensation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)