Building Bridges? Hope, Daring? (1 Viewer)

PrettyVacant

HSC
Relationships and Prejudices. :( Writing the speech made me feel so corny.

DaWun

blah
HSC
hmmm dw i sounded mroe corny ahaha i was pretty much recuiting young peeps to join my crew to make da world a better place ^^ full on blabberd on with alot of emotive language... ahaha
want rice?!

FatJ

The Sexiest Man Alive
HSC
I talked about the potential of humans and how we have to realize our potential. Pretty bad bullsh*t if you ask me. Better than one of the Korean kids (i go to an international school btw) who assumed that Hope and Daring are varieties of Wood and brick... poor guy

aussie-boy

HSC
One look at the question and I thought everyon'es going to write cliche crap. So I said "imagine a day when hope and daring are all that are needed to build bridged. now stop imaging. thank goodness that day will never come!"

then i went on about the idealistic nature of governments, entwined in their streneous processes and the shotfalls in human nature and how its good that this philosphical bullshit isnt reality

cute-nesss

HSC
OMG! i hope wut i wrote was alright.... took me 10minutes to think of wut to write for this speech...
i wrote,, imagine that we had a task to build a bridge using humans... then i was tlkin bout how we hav to co-operate to beable to succeed in the task otherwise the bridge would collapse if everyone were to fight...
then, somehow from all my blabbering,, i went onto the subject that co-operation can elimate wars and stop deaths.
whoopsie think i went off track...

oh yea also, for the EXCITING NEWs.. i accidentally wrote my schools name instead of the school name on that page (_ _)' ... am i gonna loose lots of marks from this :(

aussie-boy

HSC
cute-nesss said:
OMG! i hope wut i wrote was alright.... took me 10minutes to think of wut to write for this speech...
i wrote,, imagine that we had a task to build a bridge using humans... then i was tlkin bout how we hav to co-operate to beable to succeed in the task otherwise the bridge would collapse if everyone were to fight...
then, somehow from all my blabbering,, i went onto the subject that co-operation can elimate wars and stop deaths.
whoopsie think i went off track...
That sounds like a great thing to write about - takes into account the picture really well and would make a really interesting speech... i wish i had taken such a lateral approach

PrettyVacant

HSC
aussie-boy said:
One look at the question and I thought everyon'es going to write cliche crap. So I said "imagine a day when hope and daring are all that are needed to build bridged. now stop imaging. thank goodness that day will never come!"

then i went on about the idealistic nature of governments, entwined in their streneous processes and the shotfalls in human nature and how its good that this philosphical bullshit isnt reality
Wow. That's so left-of center! Alternative thinking - I like it.

HSC
iEdd said:
"Plugs and bungs". I put assonance. It's not rhyme, it's not alliteration, wasn't the right context for onomatopoeia. One of my friends put 'slang' or 'colloquialism'. *Shrugs*. There may be more than one answer, it's like the opposite of multiple choice :D
Crap. I put rhyme. I was thinking "okay, its not rhyme, but its the closest thing I can think of!" I wasn't thinking straight.

Anyway, for the extended thing, I wrote about facing our own challenges and in doing so, raising money for the poor, and as a result, building a bridge using daring, between the rich and the poor...which was kind of weird for a speech addressing year 10, but whatever

IronMaiden

HSC
N/A
Mine started 'imagine an endless supply of renewable energy' and explained how such things would never happen, just like building bridges of hope and daring. Then I questioned the legitimacy of building a bridge out of people and who would have to make the bridge and never touch the promised land on the other side. Pretty much about sacrificing ourselves for future generations. Then some more explanations about not shooting down the dreams of others. Then some more about human society working together regardles of age, sex race etc. Pretty much over the top writing. I liked that question though, very open ended. Promoted thinking.

HSC
N/A
I think 99.99% people wrote about either world peace/unity sorts of things, or "follow your dreams" sort of thing. I was the latter.

Miagi

HSC
Neurox said:
lol..stupid question indeed. I dont think the content mattered too much anyway. Its the technique that were used that are gonna get marked on, not your ability to write in an interesting manner. LOL, someone wrote how builders build bridges and hope to make alot of money.
LMAO i did that :eek: there goes my marks

james k

HSC
is a pun correct for the first question and what did yous right for the colloquial language question

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
...i looked at the stimulus they gave us..that picture with humans, and the train.

i talked about how crap cityrail was. :(

now i feel stupid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)