building a new computer (1 Viewer)

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
ok so im looking at building my own computer but i have no idea whatsoever where to start

its mainly going to be used to word processing and the like, maybe some graphics/web page sort of stuff as well. but also, i would like to have a pretty good speaker/monitor set up because i would possibly using it as a stereo/dvd for my bedroom as well. im only looking at spending around $1000-1400 but im told it can be done this cheap

any suggestions where to start, what i will need, prices?

thankkks

Merforga

Well if you're looking at a computer for that sorta stuff then you can easily get a computer that would be able to do the things you need. I assume you already have a modem for the internet and such so I'll give you some average prices for the components you'll need.

Motherboard - 200 tops
Processor - Depending, the P4 3 Ghzt is about 400 from memory whereas a lower end one at about 1 ghz which is prolli all you need can be bought for around 100
HDD - I suggest an 80gig. These sell for about 200.
Speaker system - You can buy complete sets from under 200 bucks.
Monitor - I'm guessing an LCD if you want top quality, they sell for a fair bit but, around 3-400 for a 15" LCD. You can buy a 21" CRT for about the same price.
DVD player - No more than 150.
Graphics card - Geforce 2, about 100

So yeh...i think that's about all you need. A good online guide to cost of computer parts is http://www.eyo.com.au. They sell a lot of cheap computer parts because they're factory direct.

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
yeah cool, thanks heaps for that
ive just been directed to this eyo site buy a friend, looks good. he has suggested the AMD K7 Athlon XP 2800+ Barton 512KB CPU. Runs at 2.08GHz. Supports 333MHz Front Side Bus. Retail Box with CPU Cooler, 3 years warranty.
$228.80
then for ram, Corsair DDR-SDRAM VS 512MB PC3200, 400MHz $148.50
then for hard-drive, IDE hard drive, Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 120GB, 7200RPM, 2 MB Buffer Cache. Ultra ATA100. ST3120022A. Three years warranty. $148.50

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
yeah he scrapped that too, for this
Leadtek WinFast A360LETD GF FX5700LE, 128MB, DVI/TV $165.00

Merforga

ViVo stands for Video In Video Out. IT's used mainly for video editing and that. It looks like your friend wants to use your computer as a TV as well XD. Personally i think the 120gb hdd is also overkill for what you plan to use it for. 80 is overkill. But then again, you can never have too much space :D.

mojako

HSC
Merforga said:
Well if you're looking at a computer for that sorta stuff then you can easily get a computer that would be able to do the things you need. I assume you already have a modem for the internet and such so I'll give you some average prices for the components you'll need.

Motherboard - 200 tops
Processor - Depending, the P4 3 Ghzt is about 400 from memory whereas a lower end one at about 1 ghz which is prolli all you need can be bought for around 100
HDD - I suggest an 80gig. These sell for about 200.
Speaker system - You can buy complete sets from under 200 bucks.
Monitor - I'm guessing an LCD if you want top quality, they sell for a fair bit but, around 3-400 for a 15" LCD. You can buy a 21" CRT for about the same price.
DVD player - No more than 150.
Graphics card - Geforce 2, about 100

So yeh...i think that's about all you need. A good online guide to cost of computer parts is http://www.eyo.com.au. They sell a lot of cheap computer parts because they're factory direct.
went to eyo's site.. its not cheaper than others..
or did u get a special discount?

mojako

HSC
Merforga said:
Well which places are cheaper? oO
more than 1...
even cworld, who advertises in Icon (weekend SMH) every week, is cheaper (I looked up several products).
try this thread, http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=17756 (well, some stores there are significantly more expensive than eyo ^^)

yesterday I came across http://www.custo.com.au/, not sure how...
(I was looking at threads in this forum but cant find the link today)
looks like its cheap

u r selling computers rn't u? do u get special prices from eyo?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)