>monkey<

HSC
hey guys...im getting an assessment to build motor ..im clueless lol
can ne starting points? HELP! thanx

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
If you want a really really simple one just get a long piece of wire, put a few loops in the middle and leave a straight piece of wire on each end. Then on the long pieces on each end shave half the coating making sure the same half is shaved on both sides. Somehow connect both sides to a battery and place in a magnetic field. If it sounds confusing ill make one tonight and take a picture for you

veridis

droog
HSC
does it have to power anything or just demonstrate effect?
if just demonstrate do AC cause its realy simple. have a wooden base block. put a metal stand thing at each end. need to have a circle at the top(will act as slip ring). get a bit of wire. wind it round a rudder or something a few times to make neat coils(neat coils make it work heaps better). put the new wire through the rings on the stand. connect stand to AC supply. apply constand mag field with a bar on each side. and its done.
i'll try getting my pic from my prac report scanned. its crap but gives you the gist of it. i found using thickish cotton coated copper wires good cause they hold shape, are easily stripped and are easy to conect to power source. also only have one wire in em(not heaps of little like electrical wires) so were easy to work with when stripped

a_sea_of_names

We are making a large DC model motor at the moment, just because we can.

I'm the steel man (i work with it, hence i like it, know how to use it etc)

One guy is the electronics man (does all the wiring, including wrapping the 342 metres of wire... sucker)

and the other two guys just help out.

I'll post some pics when we finish.. its pretty big and beefy. The electromagnet is out of 40mm steel plate... lets just say at 12 volts we can't pull a piece of steel off it...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)