buddhism thred (1 Viewer)

FreeLearner

HSC
Firstly: this is a thread on Buddhism not about hating Islam.
Secondly: Buddhists have their own share of extremists just like Islam and Christianity, just as Kaz1 posted. The buddhists have massacred and tried to remove all the Rohingya from Burma. Please learn about Islam before believing all those misconceptions, as a Muslim I agree many of us are acting wrongly such as those protests. However, you can blame people for that not the religion. Islam is a beautiful religion but the acts of some of its people have damaged its reputation. Just ask yourself if Islam was as bad as you thought, why is it that it grows the fastest every year while most other religions decline. Its a very empowering and pure religion.
Back on topic: I have nothing against Buddhists, and I condemn any one who attacks another person's religion or their place of worship. In the quran it explicitly says that people who don't believe in Islam are equal human beings and they have a right to believe whatever they'd like.
Peace.

kenkap

HSC
yeh i quite have to agree that buddhism is a really good (dont think that's the right word) religion..I also have the same opinion of all religions..i personally follow jainism (although i tend to break some of its rules)! but i strongly believe in non violence!

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Secondly: Buddhists have their own share of extremists just like Islam and Christianity, just as Kaz1 posted. The buddhists have massacred and tried to remove all the Rohingya from Burma. Please learn about Islam before believing all those misconceptions, as a Muslim I agree many of us are acting wrongly such as those protests. However, you can blame people for that not the religion. Islam is a beautiful religion but the acts of some of its people have damaged its reputation. Just ask yourself if Islam was as bad as you thought, why is it that it grows the fastest every year while most other religions decline. Its a very empowering and pure religion.
Back on topic: I have nothing against Buddhists, and I condemn any one who attacks another person's religion or their place of worship. In the quran it explicitly says that people who don't believe in Islam are equal human beings and they have a right to believe whatever they'd like.
Peace.
get out.

Just because you're trying to make your religion good doesn't make it good (also, I only read like 2 lines of the above).

Rohanco

HSC
That's because they are.
Sorry that was a poorly worded statement. What I meant to say was that the few in the Burmese military, or whoever else who discriminates against minorities in Burma may claim to be Buddhist, to be followers of the Bhodisatvya's Mantra's, to understand the sutra's, to be practitioners of Dharma. But how can they be when their very actions contradict the teachings of the Buddha. They are NOT Buddhist in the slightest.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Sorry that was a poorly worded statement. What I meant to say was that the few in the Burmese military, or whoever else who discriminates against minorities in Burma may claim to be Buddhist, to be followers of the Bhodisatvya's Mantra's, to understand the sutra's, to be practitioners of Dharma. But how can they be when their very actions contradict the teachings of the Buddha. They are NOT Buddhist in the slightest.
Whereas Christian and Islamic religions actually contain hateful teachings (even if they are only minor (except the gay thing)).

I totes get ya.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
You really can't if a person is a particular religion or not. In Buddhism you are refrained from taking away any sentient life, but I'm pretty sure most Buddhists have killed insects or something and they still call themselves Buddhists. Religion is a personal matter and you let people believe in whatever the fuck they want.

Rohanco

HSC
Whereas Christian and Islamic religions actually contain hateful teachings (even if they are only minor (except the gay thing)).

I totes get ya.
Yes, Thank you.

Buddhism is actually tolerant of homosexuality, with no mention of it any any sacred texts. Actually when asked about Homosexuality, the Dalai Lama acknowledged that two members of the same sex could not conceive a child, but that was no reason to incur against their happiness together (Not an exact quote, but similar from memory).

HSC
Uni Grad
lol

Secondly: Buddhists have their own share of extremists just like Islam and Christianity, just as Kaz1 posted. The buddhists have massacred and tried to remove all the Rohingya from Burma.
true, but there is a much higher proportion of these extremists in muslim

Please learn about Islam before believing all those misconceptions, as a Muslim I agree many of us are acting wrongly such as those protests. However, you can blame people for that not the religion. Islam is a beautiful religion but the acts of some of its people have damaged its reputation.
who the fuck are you, a 12 y/o high school student, to question the acts of these people in the name of allah?

Just ask yourself if Islam was as bad as you thought, why is it that it grows the fastest every year while most other religions decline. Its a very empowering and pure religion.
muslims reproduce the most, it's not uncommon for a single woman to have 10 children in muslim countries whereas the norm in western countries is something like 1.8 per woman - exponential growth etc.

Peace.
i thought the non-believers (infidels) were meant to be killed. you obviously aren't practicing your religion properly

also, as i respect your right to express your religion, you should respect my right to tell you that it's shit

Rohanco

HSC
You really can't if a person is a particular religion or not. In Buddhism you are refrained from taking away any sentient life, but I'm pretty sure most Buddhists have killed insects or something and they still call themselves Buddhists. Religion is a personal matter and you let people believe in whatever the fuck they want.
Yes, Thank you, you're completely right. I just wanted to defend my religion. Your special mention of the oppression of minorities in Burma seemed to imply that the act was the will of Buddhism. I just wanted to disconnect the actions of a few who 'claim' to be Buddhist from the true teachings of Buddha.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
lol

true, but there is a much higher proportion of these extremists in muslim

who the fuck are you, a 12 y/o high school student, to question the acts of these people in the name of allah?

muslims reproduce the most, it's not uncommon for a single woman to have 10 children in muslim countries whereas the norm in western countries is something like 1.8 per woman - exponential growth etc.

i thought the non-believers (infidels) were meant to be killed. you obviously aren't practicing your religion properly

also, as i respect your right to express your religion, you should respect my right to tell you that it's shit
+1

Sophiajeanne

HSC
Trying really hard to be a better Buddhist, but I come from a Christian background so I don't know ~first hand~, really only from information in eBooks and over the internet...so I'm a bit uncomfortable calling myself a Buddhist, ha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DannyBoy33

HSC
N/A
Alot of good principles that we should all follow propagated by budhists, if you ask me, lots to learn from them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)