Bscience (1 Viewer)

~Dreamer

HSC
if i do a Bscience at unsw, then plan to transfer to a double degree, one of which is science, for example: Bscience/Bcommerce, would i have to start the course fresh or would my previous year be counted towards credit?!

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
science units would count toward you're degree if the uni has complementary courses. You would have to start out with first yr commerce subjects once you have transfered and continue from there.

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
this sort of relates. How much maths is involved in the degree or does it depend on what major you do?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
All BSci students are required to do at least one semester of maths in first year. After that it depends on your major.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
All BSci students are required to do at least one semester of maths in first year. After that it depends on your major.
Correction, 2 semesters of maths (1A and 1B)

Patricio

UNSW Member
Originally posted by Lexicographer
no they don't. I know a few people doing B.Science @ UNSW, and they didn't take maths once this year (first year). I think you have to do maths if you do a science degree at USyd, but you don't have to at UNSW.

SoFTuaRiaL

Originally posted by Patricio
no they don't. I know a few people doing B.Science @ UNSW, and they didn't take maths once this year (first year). I think you have to do maths if you do a science degree at USyd, but you don't have to at UNSW.
correction: at unsw, all sicence students do 2 semesters of maths. but what maths u do depends on ur major. most students do maths/higher maths. but students in fields of psyc neednt do that, they can do maths for life sciences 1a,1b. and students doing adv science majoring in maths n finance do the maths required for actuarial students ....

SoFTuaRiaL

Originally posted by ~Dreamer
if i do a Bscience at unsw, then plan to transfer to a double degree, one of which is science, for example: Bscience/Bcommerce, would i have to start the course fresh or would my previous year be counted towards credit?!
u can choose to do some first yr commerce subjects for ur first yr electives, so that they can count for ur credits too :)

~Dreamer

HSC
exactly what it means...im not pouring all my hope into entering one course, because the truth is i dont know what i want to be, careerwise...

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Dreamer: double degrees are good for that, as are the base Commece/Arts/Science degrees.. gives you a wide variety of electives, not just fixed subjects (say, for Software Engineering or Med Sci).

Just because a degree is CALLED commerce doesn't mean you have to do only comm subjects (I think it's the same for all faculties - I do B Sci (Comp Sci) and last session I did Linguistics 1A (arts) and this session I'm doing Marketing Fundamentals (comm) as my elective

Patricio

UNSW Member
Originally posted by Da Monstar
correction: at unsw, all sicence students do 2 semesters of maths. but what maths u do depends on ur major. most students do maths/higher maths. but students in fields of psyc neednt do that, they can do maths for life sciences 1a,1b. and students doing adv science majoring in maths n finance do the maths required for actuarial students ....
like I said, they don't. I know many people doing B.Science @ UNSW at several stages of the degree, and several of them have not taken any maths subjects at all (at any level).

rrp

HSC
N/A
wat are the differences between b science and b advanced science at UNSW apart from 3 and 4 years???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)