BSc/DipEd Unis (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey guys,
Not to sure if this is the best place to be asking half this question but here goes :p.
I'm seriously considering being a sec school science/maths teacher. I was wondering wether there is a uni that is repituble with both the science and education aspects. If know UWS has a degree and there with in 5-20mins drive but i'm under the impression they aren't as repituble as other unis such as usyd and unsw. I would appreciate any helpful advice.
Thanks alot.
Cheers!

HSC
Without Wings said:
UOW offers B. Science Education

Otherwise any uni that offers the science degree and dip ed will do.

You should be looking at what the university offers in regards to the particular course you wish to do and their reputation in regards to education not how prestigious they are'. Whilst UNSW and USyd are considered to be prestigious they aren't necessarily considered the best universities to study education at.
Thx for the reply,
In your opinion what uni would be the best for sec edu?
Cheers.

HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
Look, Education isn't the same as other industries, in that you can walk into a job as long as you have the piece of paper, and the required amount of practicum days completed - doesn't matter whether you are UNSW or UWS.

I'm doing BMathEd @ UoW (Loftus), and are friends with most of the BScienceEd students. The basis behind our prac is that there is about 10-15% more prac days in our degree than are required by the DET to be able to teach.

I guess it comes down to location. UoW (science/math teaching are based out of Loftus in the shire), has prac ties with Wollongong, Cambelltown and the Shire (you can do out of area, but it is more hoops to jump through) where as a place like UNSW has a massive area of schools.

Depends what you are basing their prestigue on. What in your mind makes them, "the best"?
Thx mates, thats great advice.
I was just basing it on what others hav said to me. UWS is definatly the closest with the BSc course like 30mnis away and the MastersEdu like 10mins away from me. But i'll definatly take all this in2 account. Just trying to sort out the "facts".
Cheers!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)