Bsc (advanced maths) (1 Viewer)

roadrage75

HSC
hi guys,

im thinking of doing Bsc (advanced maths) at sydney uni next year, and i was just wandering how flexible it is? - do you have to do sciences - (like physics or chemistry?) Or can i do advanced maths without doing sciences?

also would doing advanced maths allow me to learn languages at university(french, spanish and italian to be specific)

thanks

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Technically you can do 48cp of non science ie one major (12 junior, 12 intermediate, 24 senior (your major)).

You can't do all maths in first year, and you'd rather do chem and physics than other courses like HPSC. Just do the courses, cut your loss in 2nd year and get on with it. Lots of people who are good at maths had to do other subjects in first year, it's not a big deal.

ssglain

HSC
Have you enrolled in B Sc (Adv Maths) at USYD? If so, I'll probably see you around for SSP.

I'm currently enrolled in B Sc (Adv)/MBBS but they said that if I do the right units and satisfy the requirements, I can be awarded B Sc (Adv Maths) at the end. That's what I'm going to try to do - for now at least. We'll see how 1st year goes. The junior study patterns are almost identical for all of the science degrees anyway.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Muahaha, all you science slaves...

I might actually get a chance to be your demostrator in chemistry.... muahhahaha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)