slyball

this was the first sa question from the 2002 paper

Ron is planning to set up a restaurant. He has undertaken market
research which revealed that the proposed location for the
restaurant would suit business people or families with young
children.

"Identify Rons TWO possible target markets." 1 mark

two lines two write on.

what my would have been was simply "business people and families with young children".

the marker's notes say "Average responses included either two factors with limited explanation,or provided
characteristics and features of only one factor Ron considered in selecting his target market."

and

"Excellent responses provided the characteristics and features of two factors that Ron may
consider in selecting his target market.Factors identified included geographic,demographic,
psychographic and behavioural which candidates related to the target market."

i was wondering if i'd get full marks with my "average" answer? i know this is a bad example (it's only worth one mark). but other questions are worth 3 marks, and i want to know whether i could write my average answer with full marks, or that you have to go out of your way in the question to get full marks? ...if you know what i mean.

is a roflcopter
HSC
ummm i think you are looking at the marrker comments for part b)

Originally posted by slyball

what my would have been was simply "business people and families with young children".
this is right

Nupil

HSC
N/A
Yeah, Newbie is right because the second question in the 2002 paper (from memory) asked you actually describe factors that could affect Ron in setting up his restaurant.

I just went and referenced it with the marking guidelines myself ... and in answer to part (a) All you needed was "Recognises and names two target markets for Ron's business proposal" 1 mark it's in part (b) that you needed to expand.

And you might've been looking at the markers comments as opposed to the marking guidelines, because markers comments just do a general overview of questions, not breaking it down into parts (i.e: Question 21 [a] and and then Question 22 [a] and ) they just talk about the strengths and weaknesses for the whole question.

... So don't worry, you would've gotten the one mark :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)