BROKE? need CHEAP english tutoring? (1 Viewer)

cheaptutoring

HSC
BROKE?

HAVE 'NO IDEA' HOW TO WRITE THOSE DAMN ESSAYS?

I CAN HELP YOU! :D

I am willing to tutor english to students of all ages from kindy - yr 12! With yr 12 students, I will be teaching HSC Standard englishand I can help ESL students too!

I recieved band 5 for Standard English in 2005! That is a very good performance because not many Standard English students recieved band 5 in that year.

Essay writing is particularly my strength and I am confident in tutoring students, as I had tutoring experience for a very long time (I tutored since 2005 till 2007 and had a break for awhile because I was too busy but these days I have more spare time).

I also put a lot of effort into helping my students and I am generally a very kind and mature teacher who is very positive. If my student does not understand something, I am willing to explain it concisely and patiently again and again without temper if I had to.

ONLY $20/hour! *Special* ONLY $35/2hours!

NB:

- sorry but only FEMALES (I can't teach guys, they drive me nuts! Girls are much more easier to teach). *Unless you're under yr 7 (They seem to be easier).

- I cannot come to people's houses. I can only teach at the following places:

* Strathfield library,
*Burwood library,
*Australian Catholic University (ACU) Library in Strathfield
- I could negotiate with the following places (discuss with me first):
* Epping library
* Parramatta library
* City Library
* Macquarie University Library
* Eastwood library
* Pretty much every local library.
(If you can think of any other quiet places that is close to public transport/train station, let me know and I'll negotiate with you! :) )

email: english_tutor@y7mail.com

Last edited:
HSC
- sorry but only FEMALES (I can't teach guys, they drive me nuts! Girls are much more easier to teach). *Unless your under yr 7 (They seem to be easier).
AHAHAHAHA.
$20 isn't cheap for a tutor.
Especially an english one who can't differentiate between your and you're.

;)

AkaiHanabi

Thread killer
HSC
lyounamu said:
QFT.

Band 5 in English (Standard) < Band 5 & 6 in English (Advanced) which means:

Band 5 in English < 48% of students in English (Advanced).

$20 is not even cheap...it's just below average...
My ex tutor did $20 an hour. She was Dux of year twelve, and got 100 for her UAI. She did extension english. Now THAT was cheap.

If you're paying $20 an hour for a tutor who received band 5 for STANDARD English, maybe you should spend that $20 on some Study guides.

behemoth100

Adv_Sci_Tutor
HSC
What's the matter with you guys? I think the above comments are extremely rude and uncalled for. If you don't have something nice to say then don't say anything at all. Surely you have something better to do, such as study for your exams, then troll these forums and insult people over grammatical errors. In this day and age where most people use abbreviated words like 'u' 'ur' 'b4' etc, I think a missing 'e' and an apostrophe is not something that warrants attention in any way.

And for an experienced tutor $20 is extremely cheap. If you can find a tutor that's cheaper, congratulations. Post their name and contact details up on whogivesashit.com

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
i paid 25 an hour for a mod history tutor who got a uai of 100

is that cheap too?

behemoth100

Adv_Sci_Tutor
HSC
That depends on how much you improved in that subject (assuming you actually put in the effort, not just turned up to tutoring once a week and never did any study). In the end value is based on YOUR results and how they improve, not the results of your tutor. A tutor estimates their price based on their marks, experience, and how well they can teach. Its up to you to decide whether their estimate was accurate, or a rip off.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
humglish said:
But you did standard.

I would only expect to pay $20, for someone who did advanced.
That doesn't really matter if she wants to teach only English Standard students and ESL students.

It only becomes an issue if her result is not that great...

But if she has an experience that sort of offsets that...

Crates

Banned
HSC
lol, no offence, but what do you take us for? no sane person would pay $20/hour for someone who not only did standard english, but also only got a band 5!

don't come on here and post your junk when you so obviously can't deliver what you're advertising.

and to the person who was defending her grammatical errors: fuck off. she's advertising herself as an english teacher who would fix our mistakes, and here she is making mistakes of her own!

don't insult my intelligence.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Crates said:
lol, no offence, but what do you take us for? no sane person would pay $20/hour for someone who not only did standard english, but also only got a band 5!

don't come on here and post your junk when you so obviously can't deliver what you're advertising.

and to the person who was defending her grammatical errors: fuck off. she's advertising herself as an english teacher who would fix our mistakes, and here she is making mistakes of her own!

don't insult my intelligence.
Subject doesn't really matter here because she is only planning to tutor english standard students and esl students. (I realised that afterwards).

yeah, getting band 5 might be a bit of an issue but as long as she has extensive experience (2-3 years as she claims it to be), it's not a problem. If she has a good experience and knows her shit, I would go for her. The quality of tutoring should not really be determined by what she gets, it should rather be determined by her students' improvements, her teaching method and experience.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
behemoth100 said:
What's the matter with you guys? I think the above comments are extremely rude and uncalled for. If you don't have something nice to say then don't say anything at all. Surely you have something better to do, such as study for your exams, then troll these forums and insult people over grammatical errors. In this day and age where most people use abbreviated words like 'u' 'ur' 'b4' etc, I think a missing 'e' and an apostrophe is not something that warrants attention in any way.

And for an experienced tutor $20 is extremely cheap. If you can find a tutor that's cheaper, congratulations. Post their name and contact details up on whogivesashit.com
sorry for my lack of understanding...

sorry to the OP as well..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)