Broadsheet Newspaper Assignment (1 Viewer)

Silver Rose

Conventions of a newspaper broadsheet??

Help, how do you write a broadsheet?? :confused: What should I include?
This is for my "Transformations" (module A) assessment, and the question is:

" 'Recreations of an existing text provide not only a new text but also a new reading of a prior text.'
Write a review of the more recent of your texts for a weekend broadsheet, exploring its relationship with the original text."

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I've never had to do a broadsheet before...

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Check out the SMH or Australian newspapers. That's broadsheet. Do not copy the style of the Daily Telegraph as that's a tabloid.

The style of writing and language in broadsheets are usually more sophisticated, more analytical and more critical than other types of newspapers.

Silver Rose

Thanks for the tip :)

I'm really hating this assessment at the moment, blargh. I spose I don't really mind A Simple Plan, but I'm just sick of this whole module! >_<

golf_punk

Please help! Emma/clueless assignment

Hey, i really need some help with an assignment, its due in a few weeks.... Its on Clueless and how it relates to Emma but i really have no clue!!! so yeah i'm stressing and struggling and i really need some ideas, hints, tips and/or example answers. so please, if you can. help me out!!!

THE TASK:
WRITE A REVIEW ABOUT CLUELESS FOR A WEEKEND BROADSHEET (NEWSPAPER REVIEW), EXPLORING THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN CLUELESS AND EMMA

MARKING SCHEME:
*DEMONSTRATE AN UNDERSTANDING OF HOW MEDIA AND
CONTEXT SHAPE MEANING
*CLEARLY ANALYSE HOW COMPOSERS REFLECT VALUES AND
ATTITUDES IN TEXTS
*EXPLAIN AND EVALUATE THE EFFECTS OF TEXTUAL FORMS,
TECHNOLOGIES AND THEIR MEDIA OF PRODUCTION, ON MEANING

Thanks Heaps

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
*1 - talk about how messages are conveyed - techniques!! techniques both in the novel and in the movie, angles,

*2 - talk about what the values and attitudes are in each of the text, show the relationship between the two, e.g. both have themes of relationships

*3 - give the value of / show how effective / something along those lines the book and movie are in showing meaning. kind of ties in with 1.

i would talk about 2, and in talking about 2 i would show how these vales and attitudes are shown by the film and novel techniques (1) tying in 3 on the way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)