• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Bringbacktheshred's "Band That You Haven't Heard Of That Kicks Your Arse" Thread. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
bringbackshred said:
Thanks. I really feel influenced by a statement coming from someone who 1. I son the internet. 2. I don't know. 3. I don't care about. and 4. I am better than.
i daughter the internet.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Band 3: Behold... The Arctopus.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Behold... the Arctopus plays intensely virtuosic and complex progressive metal with avant-garde leanings that completely avoids sounding dated or cliché. The instrumental trio comprised of guitar, drums and touch guitar (a 12 string instrument played primarily by tapping that covers the range of guitar and bass) combine furious virtuosity, detailed composition countered by improvised soloing, and certain writing techniques of contemporary classical music to give their insanity a compositional cohesion rarely heard in rock music. Despite their technical nature, they always rock hard and in an engaging way that's as accessible to musicians and non-musicians alike. They are a true metal band that everyone can enjoy, not just the "kvlt" headbangers.

My Word: Just listen. This shit is amazing. Threse guys have to be heard/seen to be believed.

Listen: http://www.myspace.com/beholdthearctopus
http://www.last.fm/music/Behold...+the+Arctopus
[/FONT]

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
bringbackshred said:
Thanks. I really feel influenced by a statement coming from someone who 1. I son the internet. 2. I don't know. 3. I don't care about. and 4. I am better than.
oh wow.

would you just look at the irony.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Looking...

Now we need not resort to internet fights, ok? Let it settle and don't bother coming back to the thread.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
here ill save you the trouble.

"OH OH OHH HERE LISTEN TO THESE BANDS LOLOLTHEYRE AWESOME BLAH BLAH BLAH INTELLIGENT PEOPLE WILL KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT BUT SRSLY YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THEM"

blah blah blah

"OH OH WHY SHOULD I LISTEN TO YOU WHEN I DONT KNOW YOU OR DONT CARE ETC ETC"

well. would you look at that. particularly keeping in mind that you are a 2007 student who has 300 posts as opposed to my 1000+

NOONE CARES ABOUT YR BANDS.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Born Dancer said:
here ill save you the trouble.

"OH OH OHH HERE LISTEN TO THESE BANDS LOLOLTHEYRE AWESOME BLAH BLAH BLAH INTELLIGENT PEOPLE WILL KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT BUT SRSLY YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THEM"

blah blah blah

"OH OH WHY SHOULD I LISTEN TO YOU WHEN I DONT KNOW YOU OR DONT CARE ETC ETC"

well. would you look at that. particularly keeping in mind that you are a 2007 student who has 300 posts as opposed to my 1000+

NOONE CARES ABOUT YR BANDS.
You have no idea how hard I laughed at that. Thanks for that.

OK, you obviously are pretty stupid, so I'll spell it out for you: No-one cares about what year you finished school or what your postcount is. The internet is not about how big your postcount is or how old you are, so get off your "I have 1000 posts" bandwagon missy. There are forums on which I have 4000 posts, even though it doesn't matter in this context.

Now onto the actual subject matter of this thread.. I'm here to try to expand horizons of people and to get the word out about bands that need support, unlike shitty music in the Top 40 where artists are paid thousands upon thousands for a single gig.

If you do not like my idea, don't post and keep your opinions to yourself.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
my point is that you were telling everyone to listen to these (very narrow genre restricted) bands, and then you go on to say oh oh who are you why should i listen to you when i complained.

a) who the fuck are you
b) why the fuck should i listen to you
c) etc etc
d) IRONY OK.

oh and expanding the horizons of people to what?
so they listen to prog rock? (albiet experimental prog rock?)

wow. thanks for the favour.

while im ranting, there is more music than top 40, that isnt your shit.
so cool.

i dont care what you listen to, nor am i going to take initiative and start.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Born Dancer said:
my point is that you were telling everyone to listen to these (very narrow genre restricted) bands, and then you go on to say oh oh who are you why should i listen to you when i complained.

a) who the fuck are you
b) why the fuck should i listen to you
c) etc etc
d) IRONY OK.

oh and expanding the horizons of people to what?
so they listen to prog rock? (albiet experimental prog rock?)

wow. thanks for the favour.

while im ranting, there is more music than top 40, that isnt your shit.
so cool.

i dont care what you listen to, nor am i going to take initiative and start.
These are the words of someone who just lost an argument.

It's fine, don't listen to my music. It's a suggestion - I never said you had to.

Now, yes, these 3 bands may be very similar, however, I listen to a huge variety of music and I've only really gotten started with posting bands up. It may come as a suprise to you, but the next couple of bands I'm posting will be METAL. Then there may be some jazz, or some blues, or whatever. My point is that me making note of 3 bands that are somewhat similar (however they aren't) does not constitute everythign that I listen to or will post in this thread.

Once again, if you don't like it, fine. I'm making a suggestion.

Espo15

Banned
HSC
N/A
Born Dancer said:
particularly keeping in mind that you are a 2007 student who has 300 posts as opposed to my 1000+
laughs for days

HSC
bringbackshred said:
Looking...

Now we need not resort to internet fights, ok? Let it settle and don't bother coming back to the thread.
These are the words of someone who just lost an argument.
shut the fuck up. seriously, just shut the fuck up.

thank for you recommending bands, because clearly you have much better taste than everyone else on this forum, as you like to so subtly point out. i did listen to them, and they were boring as shit. thank you. we get it. cool. go be elitist and condescending and born in the 90's elsewhere.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
katietheskatie said:
shut the fuck up. seriously, just shut the fuck up.

thank for you recommending bands, because clearly you have much better taste than everyone else on this forum, as you like to so subtly point out. i did listen to them, and they were boring as shit. thank you. we get it. cool. go be elitist and condescending and born in the 90's elsewhere.
Oh the irony.

I'm allowed to post my opinion as much as you are on this forum. You're acting like one of the 90's children that you so fondly speak of when you make posts like that. So please, do me a favour and get over it.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Now these guys are fairly popular but nonetheless, they still win.

Band 4: Abigial Williams.

This is probably the last sound you would expect out of the desert.

Abigail Williams is an extreme metal band from Arizona, and proof that the best metal doesn't always come from the coldest places…

The band won't be conveniently pigeonholed into any set style. They take their influences from the best of the best from the old and the new and blend it into a unique and multifaceted hybrid. They have the groove and melody of the Gothenburg style death metal, the face smashing breakdowns of the hardcore scene topped with the bombastic and epic approach favoured by the frostbitten black metal hordes. Starting only in the summer of 2005, a home recorded demo was put together to showcase the songs Ken had written over the years and featured Ashley Jurgemeyer on piano / keys. Connor Woods laid down the vocals and before long the demo, dubbed “Gallow Hill”, was born.

These songs were distributed on the Internet via band pages set up on Myspace and Purevolume and, purely by word of mouth, resulted in an astonishing quarter of a million plays in just six months! Inspired by the response to his music, Ken put a full line up together featuring some ex-members of the Metal Blade act Vehemence and started to play local shows with a view to branching out further. Unfortunately this line-up didn't work out and soon Ken was back working solely with Ashley. Local guitarist Brad Riffs was found and a new demo song, entitled “Watchtower”, was recorded with Ken now also taking up the vocal role. Throughout the line-up changes and everything else, Candlelight records were waiting in the wings and watching developments with baited breath. Once the new stable line-up was put into place, a multi-album, worldwide deal was signed.

My word: These guys ahve a pretty big following on another forum I post on, and for a good reason. According to their Myspace, they are 'epic as fuck'. Pretty much sums it up. Great symphonic black metal that takes in a lot of other influences.

Listen: http://www.last.fm/music/abigail+williams
http://www.myspace.com/abigailwilliams
http://www.purevolume.com/abigailwilliams

s-p-a-c-e-d

HSC
I'll give you my opinion on some of these bands for as long as I can be bothered...though I would appreciate some variety (as in, maybe something that's not exclusively guitar-based?). Anyway..

The Sound of Animals Fighting
I've heard their new album is a different style and worse than their old stuff, so I won't be too quick to judge. However, 'Horses in the Sky' won't win them any favours - shitty mismatched vocals and no song coherence at all.

Behold...The Arctopus
Their horrible names for their band and songs and their utterly pretentious myspace description were difficult to get past, Pierced skulls flying through necrotic forests of hail bla bla bla don't care. Besides that they're okay, but they embody exactly what I hate so much about the majority of 'progressive' music; cold and emotionless songs with a needless focus on skill of playing or composition when all of that shit is superfluous anyway. Some people love that type of music (obviously...) but it's not for me.

Abigail Williams
Meh, metal isn't my favourite genre anyway, so of course this kind of music just sounds like a big mess to me, whatever.

I'm not sure why I responded seriously to this topic :confused:

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
s-p-a-c-e-d said:
I'll give you my opinion on some of these bands for as long as I can be bothered...though I would appreciate some variety (as in, maybe something that's not exclusively guitar-based?). Anyway..

The Sound of Animals Fighting
I've heard their new album is a different style and worse than their old stuff, so I won't be too quick to judge. However, 'Horses in the Sky' won't win them any favours - shitty mismatched vocals and no song coherence at all.

Behold...The Arctopus
Their horrible names for their band and songs and their utterly pretentious myspace description were difficult to get past, Pierced skulls flying through necrotic forests of hail bla bla bla don't care. Besides that they're okay, but they embody exactly what I hate so much about the majority of 'progressive' music; cold and emotionless songs with a needless focus on skill of playing or composition when all of that shit is superfluous anyway. Some people love that type of music (obviously...) but it's not for me.

Abigail Williams
Meh, metal isn't my favourite genre anyway, so of course this kind of music just sounds like a big mess to me, whatever.

I'm not sure why I responded seriously to this topic :confused:
Thanks for actually responding seriously. You're a good man.

And as to why, it's because you're a person who doesn't need to insult people because they are insecure and I thank you for that. At least there are some normal people left in this world.

Last edited:

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Well look man, cheers for recommending the music. No, I didn't check them out, but thanks anyway. It's just that you don't really need to be an arrogant twat when it comes to the music that you listen to, that's all.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
bringbackshred said:
The premise here is simple: every week (or whenever I damn well feel like) I will post a relatively obscure band (i.e. Not mainstream) that I hope most of you radio and top 40 kiddies will never have heard of. To all of the people with intelligent music taste out there, you probably have heard of these bands before, so don't fret, I might even throw something in that you haven't heard of either.
i read the last page of this thread first and was just about to defend you.
then i read that.
you are a fucking moron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)