Bridging Courses (1 Viewer)

Oso

Biotechnician in Training
HSC
Ahoy people. :D
I'm going into a Biotechnology degree this year. (YAY!)
And I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if I need the Maths Ext bridging course? I've looked around and founr conflicting reports on the matter... So what should I do?

dimzi

OMGWTFBBQ
HSC
I have no idea (sorry) but I think I might have to join you! I only did 2U and Ext1 is apparently assumed knowledge for my course :eek:

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
ask the faculty?
hoooooray! for free maths bridging course.

theres also a maths centre that can help u if u have trouble.

Oso

HSC
Cool, Yeah I did chemistry, and biology, and physics, I'm somewhat of a science nerd... Lol, I like to brag that I've even gotten an award from uni of Newcastle in Chem and Bio too =P
Although I don't know how, I did quite crap through yr 12... >_>

bernz

Hungry. Feed me.
HSC
I'm starting Biotech/Int Studies this year...

If I sat in on year 12 chem (and learned stuff residually), do I need to do both weeks of the bridging course? I didn't sit in on yr 11... I looked at the summary and week 2 looks familiar... But yeah, should I do it all anyway?

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
only do the chem bridging course if you feel that you need to refresh your chem skills, otherwise its a waste of time

other than that you get to meet people who will be doing the same first yr science subjects :) thats one of the good things about the bridging course because science faculty doesnt have an o-camp like some of the other faculties...

thanks heaps 4 that.

crap it clashes with my UTS O-week, is there any other uni which offers bio bridging courses

Last edited by a moderator:

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
i dont think you will really need to do a bio bridging course, its just one of those subjects you pickup along the way imo...unlike chem where you have to build upon the basics.

and at any rate in the lectures i remember for cells, genetics and evolution any bio terms were fully explained.

i wouldnt waste your money on bio bridging courses

Logistics

HSC
I did the bridging course last year and I didn't find it that related to my MathsMod1 and MathsMod2 subjects.

But it was worthwhile for me to go just to refresh my mind of what calculus ism what it's used for and how because I joined UNI 2years later after HSC

Oso

HSC
lol, yeah Bio was a pretty basic subject I think...
You could probably just do as well for picking up a copy of some text book and having a quick skim through...

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
hmm. i do a subject thats pretty similar to human bio and its pretty alright.. you will pick it up. read the textbook if you need help etc!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)