Breakfast before exams (1 Viewer)

absorber

HSC
I've always had difficulty eating early in the morning (I think it's a genetic thing, but Idno). But combined with nerves from exams I get the feeling there's no hope of me keeping anything down, yet I'll still be extremely hungry during an exam, when I need to concentrate. Anyone got any tips?

be.yourself

HSC
eat healthy!

u know what healthy is.

cereal, baked beans, fruit, yoghurt, milk, and plenty of WATER

oooo and maybe tea/juice...

u have heaps of choices mate.

:hat:

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
I have:
- Baked Beans
- Tuna
- Bread
- Juice
- Fruit

boxhunter91

HSC
I get too sick if i eat before exams. Yeh im that nervous. I'll have something light like a muesli bar and take some Ginkgo Bilbao or whatever it is called.

absorber

HSC
Hmmm. I could try tuna, never tried that...But it's more the problem that my nerves mean I find it hard to eat, and harder to digest without throwing up. Like, something that eating in itself can't help =\. Are we allowed to take lollies into the exam?

Freckles14

HSC
I've always had difficulty eating early in the morning (I think it's a genetic thing, but Idno). But combined with nerves from exams I get the feeling there's no hope of me keeping anything down, yet I'll still be extremely hungry during an exam, when I need to concentrate. Anyone got any tips?
I have trouble eating on exam mornings too. Just try to eat something healthy, eggs and toast works for me, even if I can only eat a few mouthfuls. Even just fruit or bread should keep you going for a while - a banana, a glass of milk and a piece of toast worked for me throughout assessment tasks this past year. Plus bananas are meant to help with nausea, and they're also high in helpful things like potassium :)

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Have something light like toast. Milk is always good and preferably try to avoid anything too sweet. By the way, I wish you good luck, hopefully you'll do BoS proud.

Hope I helped.

Apex

HSC
I found bacon and eggs, orange juice and a large cuppa was the way to go
Orange juice dehydrates u nub. For every glass of orange juice you drink you need to drink a glass of water.

Eat 3 bananas in the morning.

posey-rose

The lost member
HSC
freshly squeezed orange juice is what i'd reecommend

also vegimite on toast... it settles the stomach

I am in love with eggs and bacon at the moment... so so good.

breakfast is the most important meal of the day!

pman

Banned
HSC
Orange juice dehydrates u nub. For every glass of orange juice you drink you need to drink a glass of water.

Eat 3 bananas in the morning.
Orange juice does not dehydrate you, your body still absorbs the liquids and they are still there! they just happen to be tied onto he sugars meaning a lot of the liquid fails to hydrate you!

No LIQUID can actually dehydrate You (general book of ignorance-Stephen Fry)

Stanman

Baka!
HSC
I definitely think having a big breakfast isn't the best thing to do: your concentration will be shoddy since your stomach is really full. Try to have something balanced - maybe something like Muesli + Yoghurt, + maybe some Vitamin C (OJ for that). Piece of toast with that wont go astray - bread is good for carbs.

Just don't be HUNGRY or FULL (As i said, balance :))

gabgab

HSC
avoid sugary foods cuz that will give you a GI spike and your energy will expend itself too quickly.

i always have wholemeal toast with two poached eggs. eggs are good for protein. And then i make myself an amazing banana smoothie with yoghurt, soymilk and FROZEN bananas, cuz they make the whole smoothie really refreshing.

YUM.

HSC
Uni Grad
My teacher said to take lollies into the exam (not a packet like a noisy bastard) for 'brain breaks'. I'm pretty sure that would screw me over but I guess could work for some.

As for eating breakfast, should try a small one as it's better than nothing.

Apex

HSC
Orange juice does not dehydrate you, your body still absorbs the liquids and they are still there! they just happen to be tied onto he sugars meaning a lot of the liquid fails to hydrate you!

No LIQUID can actually dehydrate You (general book of ignorance-Stephen Fry)
Nub if they are tied onto sugars the liquid isn't hydrating you hence you are being inadvertently dehydrated. Drink water not orange juice.

absorber

HSC
go eat what you normally eat as per usual decent filling breakfast.
HSC exams, big deal.
The 'big deal' is that I can't eat what I normally eat, because my breakfast in the morning is pretty erratic; I usually get by on almost nothing. But I need the energy, it's too important to miss for the hsc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)