Brave New World/Blade Runner (1 Viewer)

MizB

I am doing Blade runner and brave new world for one of the modules... My Assesment task is due in 2 weeks and i need help with it. The assesment is that we have 2 create a collage, sculpture or diarama that shows the relationship between humaity and the natural world in the two texts. I need to think of a creative idea that would be unique. Last year some students did a sculpture of a world and did a collage on the world, another person made 2 worlds showing one with nature and one full of technology. No one is going to be doing a collage because they think that a sculpture gets more marks..
Does anyone have any suggestions on what i can do? If any one does could they please reply and tell me about their idea..

santaslayer

HSC
maybe u copuld do one world instead split into half, showing one side with natural stuff (maybe u could include the unicorn shown in the dream) and the other with metal and tech and waste.....

MizB

Thanks For your help. Somebody already did that from last year's sculptures.. the split the world in half the way u said. I think i have to think of something 2 make using on of the key ideas presented in both texts.. One of my friends is making two eyes and through on pupil, showing the natural stuff and with the other pupil showing the tech stuff.. i am trying 2 think of something like that

nick86

I would do a collage. Have a human in the middle of the page, and have pictures of nature being destroyed, consumerism (ie. multinational products), technology, science etc. I would think you would get just as many marks if you do a good job. My english teacher said some of my photos had this nature/man theme, you can use some if you like:

http://nick86.deviantart.com

MizB

Yea.. initially i was thinking of doing a collage, but after the teachers showed some of the sculptures from last year everyone assumed that a collage wouldnt be good. I think i might do a collage. Thanks alot for your site i'll have a look at some of your pictures

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
whoah thats a really hard assessment, way too much work! sorry i have nothing helpful 2 add but all i can give u is my sincerest sympathy! i do however agree with nick86, the collage idea sounds the best and dont worry coz as long as u do a good job u wil get good marks

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i would suggest using mass production, ie get a picture of a very sterile looking person, copy it a few times, and maybe over/underlay it with cars, buildings, something like that. maybe contrast it by showing the diversity in nature. umm. hmm. i guess my main idea is for you to focus on the lack of uniformity in the natural world as opposed to mass production? i don't know if thats any help

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by glycerine
i would suggest using mass production, ie get a picture of a very sterile looking person, copy it a few times, and maybe over/underlay it with cars, buildings, something like that. maybe contrast it by showing the diversity in nature. umm. hmm. i guess my main idea is for you to focus on the lack of uniformity in the natural world as opposed to mass production? i don't know if thats any help
use barbie for sure........:D

Arell

HSC
N/A
Oh come now, thats just not faair, how come i dont get to make something

MizB

Thanks for your help, everyone. I am gojng to do a collage. a world in the middle that opens up (flips up) and inside have pictures of nature and outside all the techno stuff.. like the natural world is trapped inside and taken over by technology.. It's too hard 2 make something in such a short period of time since i only have 1 week.. so does my idea sound ok..??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)