Bras N Things (1 Viewer)

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Does anyone work at Bras N Things? I am dying to drop my job in Tree Of Life (I've been there for 4 years and we've got a horribly shit manager now), and Bras N Things have advertised for casuals on weekdays.

Are they good employers? What are the discounts (;))? I've always wanted to work there, but they rarely ever hire, so that must be a good sign!

Ta in advance! :D

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Oh really? How cool! I totally love bras n things, am totally addicted to lingerie- its my fettish! :D I just got a really nice strapless bra from there, and they have these new ones called "dream" and they come with clear straps and this other belt thing that goes around your waist and it pulls the strap down at the back so you can wear low tops without showing the ugly back strap!

haha, I already know their stock- I need this job!!

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Yeah Tree is the hippy bo-ho shop. Before that, I worked in India Fox (yet another boho shop). Now I'm 20, I kinda want a change. Its not the kinda clothes I wear anymore, I prefer Witchery and Portmans- a far cry from bo-ho! Plus, there is a lot of shit at my store at the moment, and everyone wants to leave because the psycho 2IC may be becomming the psycho manager.

I dont know whether they are calling themselves BNT, or still Bras N Things. They still have the whole "Bras N Things" as their sign... But on the bag they have both BNT and Bras N Things (which kinda makes sense)...

G

Gavvvvvin

There was once a picture of a really really really really really really really really really really hot chic on the window of B N T. That is all.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
a friend of mine worked there a few years ago apparantly you had to give them ur bra size so that you could only get discounts for you and not everyone you knew but as i said that was a few years ago. I applied there ages ago but i havent heard back yet

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
I assume so. On the application form they have a box you have to tick for your sex. I doubt they'd employ you in a retail store, more likely in head office.... Or it might just be a token thing and say they accept male applicants, but dont actually hire any. Its a good way to get around discrimination allegations.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Well I handed in my application and resume today to the manager who I met yesterday. She told me that she has already recommended me to her area manager, and that she'd pass the resume on immediately. So fingers crossed! Its so exciting, but I'm so nervous, as I havent had a new job in nearly 4 years. How pathetic is that?! Time to move on and gain some different experience fitting old saggy boobs for pretty bras, rather than saggy bodies for pretty clothes! ;)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
I applied online a few weeks ago and they haven't replied :(

I'd kill to work there. KILL

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Do you have retail experience? I guess it all depends on where you're applying. I havent ever seen them advertise a position before the other day.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Argonaut said:
Of course they're not going to employ guys - would YOU want some creepy guy watching while you were shopping for underwear? Hell, would you want ANY guy (other than boyfriend or significant other) to be watching?
If I saw a sales boy in BNT, or anywhere near the lingerie dept of any store, I'd run for my life.

hello_world

HSC
Is there anyone who actually works at Bras n Things? I just got a call for an interview on monday :) is it the kind of job where if you dont make enough sales, they fire you?

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
bittersweet_em said:
Is there anyone who actually works at Bras n Things? I just got a call for an interview on monday :) is it the kind of job where if you dont make enough sales, they fire you?
I got a call to go for an interview this friday, I'm a tad nervous but meh. Did anyone else apply for their xmas casuals?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)