brand names - dont they suck! (1 Viewer)

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
yes i only wear brand names as and i dont think that there is anythingy wrong with that . if some people never buy brand names then so be it.

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
brand names charge more/are more expensive, but lets face it generally the quality is better.

i love brand names but subconsciously, i wont buy something that i will wear alot if the quality is crap, but thats why i save and buy alot during sales, i will buy stuff thats the right colour for me and stuff that isnt so easily dated. if im going to get a highly trend thign then i will buy cheaper options, like not pay hundreds if i know i wont wear it when its out of fashion.

i dont really follow fashion much anyway, i have my own taste and i stick to that, but usually incorporate something thats in fashion with classics or more my style, so then i dont look too weird :p

some brands are worth it, but some you will see in tiny boutiques in the city with the same colours and design, or very similar for alot cheaps, sometimes half or more less then brandname one.

if im going to pay full price for brand name then i'd be hoping it had the brandname somewhere visable. that sounds shallow, but if im going to buy a white singlet, im not going to spend $30+ on a one teaspoon one with no label when i can get the same style from target for much less.

im just realistic. i want to be comfortable and look good. if im happy with my clothes then i couldnt care less what others thought. but thats my opinion, i know people who only wear brand stuff and work two or more jobs to support this. personally i'd prefer to sift through sales and opshops for good buys then work that many jobs. life is for living! haha end of random rant

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
I do agree that the quality just is better in some, but on the other hand I often buy "going out shirts" (technical speak) from real menswear stores and am happy to pay a fair bit per shirt because they do not date as quickly as the quicksilver and such ones which don't look as good and do not have the same quality, so there are different steps up the quality ladder, even between brands (ie. from rip curl to diesel)

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
I just buy the clothes I like, if its $20 from supre, then so be it. I pay more for clothes like jeans, as I hope they will last for a long time

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
luscious-llama said:
But I refuse to buy converse... [i'm the only one I know who refuses]
Or the latest craze in copies particularly from Vans...(well thats why my brothers' friends all talk about.

*pats good ole Globe RM-IV*

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
If it looks good, I'll wear it, and brand names happen to have a higher incidence of looking good than no name brands.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Eh. Im not a big brand names person. (side from cons :p)
I like wearing reasonably plain things and band tshirts.

For example, atm im wearing brown pinstripe shorts which fit me kickass and look good. I bought them at Target for $22.

A brand name pair (which would usually have those stupid douchey patterning and shit all over them) would be say 4 - 5 times more.

So, I dont mind the occasional brand name, just as long as my entire wardrobe doesnt consist of labels.

bettini

HSC
i rckn brands are pointless.. unless it means that the quality is better.. if not then.. pff... i mean.. if you can buy a pair of hot pants for say.. 60 bux.. but instead u buy a pair of branded jeans for like $200-250 .. well... you could've have bought MORE nice but unbranded clothes then just ONE pair of jeans!.. variety would be better than wearing just a few outfits all the time.. buy nice stuff during SALES!!.. yAY!..

oh.. i especially dislike ppl who buy branded things and then they shove the label in ur face or tell you how much it cost them.. or even worse BRAG at its price!.. ppl who buy braded stuff and don't shove it all over your face can be called stylish.. but the others.. are just wanabes.. (my opinion)

and the thing about how branded stuf makes you feel more confident --- it's all in your head!

Always

HSC
bettini said:
oh.. i especially dislike ppl who buy branded things and then they shove the label in ur face or tell you how much it cost them.. or even worse BRAG at its price!.. ppl who buy braded stuff and don't shove it all over your face can be called stylish.. but the others.. are just wanabes.. (my opinion)
AGREED! Those kinds of people make me angry.

kc-ok-la

HSC
obviously depends what your looking for,
if its something that i wear underneith or just for a specific colour ill goto giordano or something really cheap like that, but if its something i need to be comfortable like boxers, ill wear tommy boxers, quite expensive imo but worth it

Wolfowitz

, now also hated by Jews!
HSC
bettini said:
i rckn brands are pointless.. unless it means that the quality is better.. if not then.. pff... i mean.. if you can buy a pair of hot pants for say.. 60 bux.. but instead u buy a pair of branded jeans for like $200-250 .. well... you could've have bought MORE nice but unbranded clothes then just ONE pair of jeans!.. variety would be better than wearing just a few outfits all the time.. buy nice stuff during SALES!!.. yAY!..

and the thing about how branded stuf makes you feel more confident --- it's all in your head!
I love the ones that buy the Paddy's alternative and pretend they're real...and brag as such.

*Minka*

HSC
There is one thing I will ALWAYS buy brand products and that is makeup. I can not STAND cheap, generic makeup such as two dollar eyeshadow and three dollar mascara. I will happily fork out for Revlon/Maybelline/Cover Girl because I know I am getting a nice, smooth, quality product.

HSC
i dont have much love for brand names, i just buy whatever looks good and is cheap at the same time.

i mean, whats the point of clothes when theyre gonna come off anyway?

lolz, one, bang.

sourlemong

HSC
Unless you have heaps of money to splurge on, then don't consider buying all branded stuff. I reckon like a few is reasonable!

I don't usually wear makeup, but on special occasions, I wear those more expensive types of makeup because its your skin/face!! I know that a brand means nothing except for the name, but still, it reassures you more because its been 'tested' (or so they say), and at least you psychologically feel prettier because you're not wearing $2 mascara. =S

I don't know, that's just what I feel. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)