BOXING FANS: Kessler V Calzaghe [November 3rd] (1 Viewer)

mR.aCAdEMiK

Mo-del Student
HSC
far this is goona be a good fight. can't wait. tipping Kessler on split decision. Liked him ever since he beat Mundine.

Last edited:

Luke!

Sexual Revolutionist
HSC
Hmm... I think Calzaghe will take it by judges' decision, but I'd really like to see Kessler win. It's going to be a really, really, REALLY good fight.

It would've been good to see a rematch between Mundine and Kessler too, but that's never going to happen now. Kessler probably would've smashed him again, but Mundine was really starting to look like a more complete boxer. It would've made for an entertaining bout.

Luke.

mR.aCAdEMiK

Mo-del Student
HSC
yeh mundine is geting better every day. althoguh i don't like him, hav to admit he's getting good- ever since he totally annilated Green.

lolz Green let me down - thought it would be a good fight but he got absolutely smashed.

too bad Otke retired. Mundine can't get revenge for his only ko :p

wuldn't mind an rematch between kessler and mundine either.

Luke!

Sexual Revolutionist
HSC
Haha, maybe you didn't hear the news— Mundine is blind in one eye, his career is over. He cleaned a contact lense with his mouth and got an eye infection... last I heard his doctors said he'd never regain full vision in that eye.

As much as people hate him I think he's very smart... the more he opened his big mouth and created more controversy, the more people wanted to see him get beaten, and so the more people watched his fights, and so the promoters were willing to pay him more— it was a good money-making ploy.

And yes, you're right, I went to see him fight Sam Soliman and he looked just as good as he did in his fight with Danny Green. He was in control the whole time, he picked his shots well and his defense was superb, it was a really entertaining performance from both fighters.

(BTW; have you seen Sam Soliman on 'The Contender' on Foxtel? He seems like a cool guy.)

There's no denying Mundine's a great athlete, and even if he ran his mouth a lot, he was starting to look like a real solid boxer. I still hold out hope that he'll return to the ring, but I doubt it.

donovan

HSC
Kessler will destory him
Note: Mundine is already back in training again. looks like there might be a green-mundine rematch. Mundine will squash him again

Luke!

Sexual Revolutionist
HSC
donovan said:
Kessler will destory him
Note: Mundine is already back in training again. looks like there might be a green-mundine rematch. Mundine will squash him again
Thanks, Donovan. I found this;— http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/417227/1382546
I can't wait to see Mundine back in action. A rematch with Green would be good, I'd put my money on Mundine to win again.

Luke.

Last edited:

sk1001

HSC
I'm predicting Iron Mike Tyson to knock the fuck out Anthony "The Woman" Mundine

Luke!

Sexual Revolutionist
HSC

mR.aCAdEMiK

Mo-del Student
HSC
lolz i haven't been keeping up to date coz preoccupied with 'stupid' hsc.

dam that's shit for him. Rofl at his comment that he doesnt need 2 eyes to beat kessler.

yeh this will be a good fight. It's on fox rite? time to hit the local pub i guess lolz.

Luke!

Sexual Revolutionist
HSC
Fuckin' Foxtel aren't showing it, not even on Main Event!!!
Only Sky Channel and Foxtel Satellite subscribers are getting it.

By the way, the fight begins Sunday, Nov. 4th at 10AM.

Here's a list of places you can go see it...
http://www.skychannel.com.au/ringside/venuesearch.php?ShowAll=Show+All&Event=237

I'll be going to watch it at Revesby or Star City probably. Foxtel might show it in a month or two, but there'll be no live coverage for Foxtel cable subscribers.

Still, there's so many good fights in the coming months...

Cotto/Mosley - Nov. 10th
Mayweather/Hatton - Dec. 8th (This will be another good fight. Go Mayweather!)
Jones/Trinidad - Jan. 26th
And don't forget Sam Soliman on The Contender.

Exciting times...

Luke.

Last edited:

mR.aCAdEMiK

Mo-del Student
HSC
thx 4 da link mate.

yes there showing at Three Swallows Hotel wich is 2mins from my house :D

yeh hatton-mayweather is another good match-up. cant wait man.

Luke!

Sexual Revolutionist
HSC
Fuck, that was a fuckin' good fight. It went the way I expected it would, but not necessarily the way I wanted it to go. Calzaghe was too fluid and adaptable for Kessler, and on top of that his jaw stood up to the test of Kessler's punching power.

Best two punches of the fight; when Kessler smashed Calzaghe with a massive uppercut in the fourth, and that body-shot by Calzaghe that put Kessler in a fair bit of pain— I think it was in the fifth round.

Now that Calzaghe is the undisputed super-middleweight champion of the world, it seems like the perfect time for Calzaghe/Hopkins... and maybe if he demolishes Hopkins he can go on to fight Pavlik.

I think Calzaghe just needs to take down a few big American fighters to cement his name in the boxing hall of fame, then he can retire a wealthy, satisfied man.

Anyway, next fight up is Cotto/Mosley, but I'm really not too interested in this one, Mayweather/Hatton is on the horizon and it's just overshadowing everything else.

Who else saw the fight? Your thoughts?

Luke.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)