BOW pics (1 Viewer)

Katie :)

HSC
luscious-llama said:
Very true.
Wonder what the theme is this year... wasn't sure what it was last year... hmmm
hmmm was there a theme last year?

http://www.insideartexpress.com.au/

wouldn't it be great to get into art express! as to whether I'm a 'serious contender' or not i don't know, but I'd be happy enough to be shortlisted (the markers are coming to our school this year)

dora_18

HSC
robo-andie said:
Funny you should say that... all the figures are me.. lol
hung-overness....

lol, hence the reason i said they're just like you:p No..i don't know what im talking about. Pretty either way.

biggie walls

HSC
I bought last years Artexpress CD catolouge and on there it had an interview with the AGNSW curator and the Homebush curator,

the AGNSW one said he was going for things that would grab audiences attention by either - being created from something that art is not usually made from... dealt with an edgy concept/subject matter... and his favourite was works that involved the audience in some way - hence that awesome train security one where the viewer was shown on a security screen looking at the work/using the magnifying glass to look at the work etc..

the Homebush guy on the other hand talked of "the Journey" as a theme, which I thought was completly crap seeing as though we do that in English, lol, but whatever.. alot of the works from there just seemed to be generally good and were thus selected..

Personally, I think anyone should be completly stoked if they get nominated, let alone selected (and Im not so sure about the political thing, because last year my school [St Ives High] had 3 students in the AGNSW exhibition)

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
biggie walls said:
I bought last years Artexpress CD catolouge and on there it had an interview with the AGNSW curator and the Homebush curator,
Dang I never bought it! I have the one from the 2004 though I'll check that again.

biggie walls said:
the AGNSW one said he was going for things that would grab audiences attention by either - being created from something that art is not usually made from... dealt with an edgy concept/subject matter... and his favourite was works that involved the audience in some way - hence that awesome train security one where the viewer was shown on a security screen looking at the work/using the magnifying glass to look at the work etc..
Ah yeah... sounds good.
My work definately wouldn't capture his eye..
:p I loved that train security one, it was so clever! I have a shot of myself from there...

Hehehe... all credit to that novel artist!

biggie walls said:
the Homebush guy on the other hand talked of "the Journey" as a theme, which I thought was completly crap seeing as though we do that in English, lol, but whatever.. alot of the works from there just seemed to be generally good and were thus selected..
Ew. Journeys? Disturbing.. though I never went to that and I never got the art express cd for 2006 :( COLLETTEE LET ME BORROW COPYYYYYY

biggie walls said:
Personally, I think anyone should be completly stoked if they get nominated, let alone selected (and Im not so sure about the political thing, because last year my school [St Ives High] had 3 students in the AGNSW exhibition)
Mmmm agreed. 11 students last year from my school got nominated. ZOMG.
I think its about 850 get nominated and about 270 get in?
I heard that only a max of three per school ever get in. Can anyone vouch for that?

Last edited:

biggie walls

HSC
Well last year we had 6 nominated, and 4 selected - 3 at AGNSW and 1 at Homebush, was abit of a surprise though really...

misspeta

HSC
my BOW..
stereotypes
my title was -"i ___ so i must be a ____"
sorry about the blurry camera work

<3

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
runtlocks said:
Hey thanks!

I always thought deviantart was plagued with anime fever, though.
Ninja is our only culprit :) Nah it's not entirely, you just have to be choosy and most of the good stuff is in Photography or Digital Art...

LISOC

HSC
Hi!
Here are my digital shots from my collection of works...

DESCRIPTION:
A collection of photographs playing on the contrast between grunge and glamour. They explore scenes of disenchanted youth, inspired by music culture and are underpinned by my personal exploration of self as both the photographer and model. My process gave itself to chance as I let my body in front of and ‘behind’ the camera be motivated by the progressive beats and troublesome lyrics of songs by bands such as Led Zeppelin, The Libertines, Siouxsie & the Banshees, Joy Division and The Jam.

I'll post an image of my final presentation, which also feature 3 mixed media abstract expressionist works to further capture the play between grunge and glamour i.e. grit vs gloss.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)