Bow Concepts (1 Viewer)

HSC
well my school started yr 12 studies last term before the holidays and my teachers has been riding my back asking me about my work and the concept but she hasnt really explained enough to me.

my medium is going to be film and i made this big concept up and had half of it drawn down on to story board but then went back and looked at it.........and man is it shit....its too modern day "drug dealing".

what i guess i'm asking does the concept have to be serious like a really emotionally rollercoaster ride or can the concept be ordinary like normal day life?
and does the film have to be artsy or can it be simple?

it might be a stupid question but my teacher doesnt explain well and gave me this impression of what is expected.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
the beauty of art is that you really can do what you like.

I mean, for example, on some website that you all probably know, it had flicks of all these 100% works from the last 5 years or whatever, and one of them was about water.

I mean, me personally, i'm doing something a bit more complex, and perhaps you could call it artsy or whatever, but yeah man, go for it, do what you want, do it about your bedroom, or the colour blue or whatever, just make sure its about something you want to do.

HSC
so if i was to make a film about a rooster annoying people and a ninja comes a kills the rooster or something that would still be alright.

anyway whats this site that had all the works?

soso

HSC
N/A
Well if the rooster looked like it was painted by Van Gogh or made by a Dada artist and your ninja was a traditional japanese print and you set it in a contemporary shopping centre with rap music you could make a case that the film was about traditional Japanese principals giving an edge in the world economy that was destroying divesity as seen in the shopping centre but was almost an entirely masculine decision making process

That is the concept working backwards from the subject matter. You can do it this way or start with the concept. You just have to explain it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)