BoS went easy on us? (1 Viewer)

pocydto

Don't you people think BoS might've purposely gone easy on us standard people?

I feel that the questions were much easier than previous years, and that they allowed a broad range of responses. Especially with the Macbeth one, I was so surprised at the question in the way that it offered so many different possibilities....

So what do you guys think? Maybe board of studies purposely went easy on us so that us guys get a better scaling this year... :)

Just my personal opinion.... tell us what you think :cool:

Winston

HSC
I agree, they were all essays, well at least for me, perhaps they pitty us, with the UAI increase for UNI entrance, or perhaps they wanna finally break free of the Band 6 barrier and finally award it.

pocydto

Yea... it's really unfair for those students that are willing to do their best in standard english, just because a huge proportion of standard students don't try as hard, it's unfair to scale down their marks just because of other people...

Adam

HSC
I loved it so much. If they gave an inteview, I would have walked out right there and then! Well not really, but it was good and easy.

One of them wasn't really an essay, it asked about your personal accounts, I forget which one it was though. Like a speech-essay hybrid.

SLAVE

For those who think they went easy on standard - check out the comments in the adv. forums - they're laughing too!!!!!!!! Maybe BOS is trying to improve its image - it gets so much flak for expecting hsc students to be prospective brain surgeons.

xGSiR

Yeah the questions were straight forward and didn't need to write it in a form of speech or interview or whatever.

Maybe the BOS are understanding students finally haha.
Hey, it easier for us then aye then last year anyway.

pocydto

Yup :)

Maybe I'll be seeing some band 6's in standard english after all :eek:

Well I hope so, and if not, I reckon a higher proportion will fall in the band 5 range, so it should be better :)

Ice03

HSC
N/A
exams so far have been piss easy. i pissed all over the hospitality paper and although i am crap at english, that wasn't so bad either. definitely gotta agree with SLAVE's comments....

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
i sooooo agree with you

i wrote 5 booklets total :D with a fair amount of techniques on each page

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Originally posted by snobby airlines
don't you reckon they'll be harsher in the marking though?
No, they have to follow the standard guidelines

It was easy for me, because the question was STRAIGHT FORWARD, and i regret for Wilfred, i thought they would ask a specific quote to answer, but it was a general essay

So lucky it was all essay's :)

chris42

HSC
Yeah I loved the essays.. its what i've been doing since term 1, essays essays essays.

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
i though it WAS hard.. !!~
except for the last section seemed really general

-X-

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by LaZy_KoReAn
No, they have to follow the standard guidelines

It was easy for me, because the question was STRAIGHT FORWARD, and i regret for Wilfred, i thought they would ask a specific quote to answer, but it was a general essay

So lucky it was all essay's :)
Essay? Didnt it say some thing like "how has the watever impact on you? Ie personal responce (ie using "I" etc...)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)