BoS Trials Maths, Physics and Business Studies 2023 (1 Viewer)

lolcti

HSC
N/A
is English rlly that hard to get a band 6 in

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
is English rlly that hard to get a band 6 in
it isn't if you consistently put effort into it the whole year (i dedicated most of my time to english which was my downfall but it is what it is) and consistently write and practice and get feedback and don't just write a barebones essay 1 week before the exam hoping you can just memorise it to magically get a 18+/20

Sam14113

HSC
Thanks for bringing this up, because it is a common mistake that arises when students don't respect the differences between scalars and vectors. Firstly, remember that intensity is not a vector quantity, so and do not make sense. The problem is that the electric field due to the x and y-components cancel, so you can't just add their intensities separately. See the working below:
Wow that’s so cool, thank you so much!

Jiefu Lu

HSC
it isn't if you consistently put effort into it the whole year (i dedicated most of my time to english which was my downfall but it is what it is) and consistently write and practice and get feedback and don't just write a barebones essay 1 week before the exam hoping you can just memorise it to magically get a 18+/20
my mindset was that the results vs effort curve for english was pretty grim if you do any more than the bare minimum (memorising essays and writing them word for word) so i just did the bare minimum and it got me most of the way there. i have no regrets

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Apologies for the delays behind the scenes in getting this out, but finally here are the marks for the Physics BoS trials!

Congrats to the two students who tied with the top mark of 59! The marks were very close and bunched up with very small gaps between the bulk of the students.

I just want to use this opportunity to thank everyone who helped out in writing and marking the Physics paper, including @Daedalus13 (for helping with questions and marking) @Jiefu Lu (for helping with questions) @edwxnsamuel (for helping with questions and marking) and @Fizzy_Cyst (for reviewing the questions and marking criteria).

... and finally that wraps up the BoS trials as a whole for 2023! :cool:

By the way, if anyone with good credentials and availability is interested in helping out with the BoS trials in some capacity next year (I know some people have expressed an interest already) please send me a PM, especially before that time of the year comes around again!

For the HSC students, hope you enjoy your taste of freedom as the HSC exams wrap up! :)

Attachments

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
By the way, if anyone with good credentials and availability is interested in helping out with the BoS trials in some capacity next year (I know some people have expressed an interest already) please send me a PM, especially before that time of the year comes around again!
what do u mean by credentials

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
is graduating high school a good enough credential?

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
Any plans to do Advanced again? Only old syllabus is represented here.

For extension 2 students, the trouble with only practicing papers for extension 1 and 2 is a whole lot of the syllabus is not represented.

So even extension 2 students should practice at least a few past advanced papers - and it is quite common for extension 2 students to actually sit advanced exams in case at some stage later they decide to drop extension 2.

carrotsss

HSC
Any plans to do Advanced again? Only old syllabus is represented here.

For extension 2 students, the trouble with only practicing papers for extension 1 and 2 is a whole lot of the syllabus is not represented.

So even extension 2 students should practice at least a few past advanced papers - and it is quite common for extension 2 students to actually sit advanced exams in case at some stage later they decide to drop extension 2.
At least in my experience this year, I didn’t find studying advanced overly helpful because any advanced content that they test often in ext 2 will by definition found in ext 2 past papers anyway, and at least at my school we still had to go to advanced lessons which was more than enough study for those topics

year10studentpreparin

HSC
At least in my experience this year, I didn’t find studying advanced overly helpful because any advanced content that they test often in ext 2 will by definition found in ext 2 past papers anyway, and at least at my school we still had to go to advanced lessons which was more than enough study for those topics
yeah can vouch my ext 2 buddies still had to attend advanced class but ye they didnt study for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)