• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

BOS State Election Exit Poll (1 Viewer)

Who did you preference first?

• Total voters

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
so there's also some bad news: looks like there'll be TWO christian democrats and at least 1 shooter/fisher in the upper house

and those 3 seats could be needed for the Coalition to make an absolute majority in the upper house

Mr Nile, a former Uniting Church minister, said his party would be "constructive rather than obstructive" and would "allow the new government time to settle in".

But he said he would pursue bills to ban the public advertising of alcohol and raise the legal drinking age to 21.

Mr Brown said: "There's no need to be frightened of us - we're not as bad as the Greens."
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/nsw-election-2011/hanson-loses-out/story-fn7q4q9f-1226028762696

at least pauline hanson won't get in

Lentern

HSC
so there's also some bad news: looks like there'll be TWO christian democrats and at least 1 shooter/fisher in the upper house

and those 3 seats could be needed for the Coalition to make an absolute majority in the upper house

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/nsw-election-2011/hanson-loses-out/story-fn7q4q9f-1226028762696

at least pauline hanson won't get in
I think O'farrell will prefer to compromise with ALP legislative councillors than CDP if the opposition is willing to be constructive, like Rudd fobbing off the Greens I think he'll recognize that his premiership won't be prolonged by cutting deals with the flank.

sinophile

HSC
N/A
i think your comments are falling on deaf ears, nobody here can really keep up with your political comments

Lentern

HSC
i think your comments are falling on deaf ears, nobody here can really keep up with your political comments
That's alright, the odd morsel of rep and the occasional piece of cheese is reward enough for me to keep running on this wheel.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Greens mayor boycotting Israeli goods in Marrickville.

No other reasons needed.

Lentern

HSC
Greens mayor boycotting Israeli goods in Marrickville.

No other reasons needed.
I read about that, apparently they explored the possibility of establishing diplomatic relations with the PLO as the legitimate rulers of greater Palestine as well lol.

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
Feels good to finally live in a free state.

@Lentern the Libs will definitely have Foley and a few others onside as both want to shut out the greens and the CDP

We're going to see some *BIG* changes around here, I hope.

Though I was very disappointed that O'Farrell kept mum on the Carbon Tax throughout the campaign and then had a huge whinge about it after he won. Very unimpressed.

Lentern

HSC
Feels good to finally live in a free state.

@Lentern the Libs will definitely have Foley and a few others onside as both want to shut out the greens and the CDP

We're going to see some *BIG* changes around here, I hope.

Though I was very disappointed that O'Farrell kept mum on the Carbon Tax throughout the campaign and then had a huge whinge about it after he won. Very unimpressed.
There will definitely be some laborites who will be in favour of compromise politics (as indeed Nelson and Turnbull were) but the longer they do that the more pressure will grow from some quarters to "take it to the government" and "get in their face" etc. That having been said, O'farrell has the option of dealing with any of the non coalition parties to pass legislation through the upper house, Rudd had to get either liberal support or the complete cross-bench so BOF has a strong bargaining position and the ALP have more to lose from trying to vote down legislation than federal liberal.

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
Hospitals still had problems today. As did roads, public transport and everything else. What is up Mr O'Farrel? Nothing has changed. There-in lies the Liberals big problem now.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
Did anyone notice that there was a guy named Dolphin on the Outdoor Recreation LC ticket?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)