BOS Showcase: 2009 Major Works (1 Viewer)

brunx

HSC
Showcase is exactly that, a showcase i.e. they pick examples of different styles as opposed to just using a mark cutoff.
i know but if they said my work was good enough to get into the YWS id wondering why they didnt consider it good enough to get a 49 or 50.
and yeh the friend im talking about wrote a musical script so i think thats a pretty unique style lol

Everyman

HSC
You lot stop your bitching, I got 50 - and still didn't get nominated for showcase.I gathered up some courage and got over it. So what, you dont even get royalties! Get published with your own material.

By the way I am not saying that you don't deserve the most profound congratulations for you marks.

brunx

HSC
You completely ignored what I said. Having a good mark does not mean your work will be interesting enough for the general public and vice versa. And, yes, there are scripts in the showcase.
i didnt ignore what u said.
i know they try to pick a range of interesting works.
but...

its about showcasing the best works.

if someone wrote a highly experimental work...but it was only done well enough to get say 42 or 43.. its not going to get in the showcase just because it may be interesting to the public. that wouldnt be fair on the students who perfected their works and got the highest marks.

oh and mate, you completely ignored what i said. i said musical script. yeah, how many people write musicals. its pretty whack ay.

lol, and the way you refer to the yws as having to be interesting to the general public...... the people who compile the yws arent trying to make some kind of pulp fiction story and poetry magazine. its about the art. its about highlighting what year 12 students can do.

Last edited:

brunx

HSC
You are clearly wrong - if it was about the best works, then why do they not include everyone who got 50? It is about SHOWCASING - exactly what you said, showing what year 12 students can do.
i know thats not what happens (all 50s getting into the yws)

go back and look at my last few posts in this thread.
i believe that the yws should be about the best works. and by best i mean the ones that the markers considered best. ie. the 49s, 50s etc. obviously this would be balanced out between a range of genres/styles.

its only my belief. just take for example the person who got 46 in this thread and got nominated, and the person who got 50 and didnt. i dont think this should happen, but it did, and you keep trying to convince me that its about interesting works and stuff. ok, it is. but i dont think this should be the case.

i got nominated so this whole argument means nothing to me anyway, im just arguing what i believe is a fair principle.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Good work by everyone here. Hoping to have finished reading all of them before too long!

catherinet

HSC
i know thats not what happens (all 50s getting into the yws)

go back and look at my last few posts in this thread.
i believe that the yws should be about the best works. and by best i mean the ones that the markers considered best. ie. the 49s, 50s etc. obviously this would be balanced out between a range of genres/styles.

its only my belief. just take for example the person who got 46 in this thread and got nominated, and the person who got 50 and didnt. i dont think this should happen, but it did, and you keep trying to convince me that its about interesting works and stuff. ok, it is. but i dont think this should be the case.

i got nominated so this whole argument means nothing to me anyway, im just arguing what i believe is a fair principle.
They don't publish the reflection statement anymore.. therefore the mark doesnt really matter, since someone could have went very well in their major work, and shit in their reflection statement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)