BOS Showcase: 2007 Major Works (1 Viewer)

kewlu

Banned
HSC
Everyone. Stop what you are doing. Stop.

I said STOP.

Go and read Nichole's Major Work right now.

It is a thing of brilliance. Wonderfully written, excellent voice and some great humour, not to mention some great connotations, eh Nichole?

Nichole, I award you 51.

RiCkiE

HSC
nichhhole said:
Hey rick
sorry i've only briefly skimmed the beginning of ur work but i noticed that you put your school there... i hope you remembered to cross it out before u handed it up or that it was part of the story..

now i shall read it :) i will upload mine soon :)
Oh shit.

Queen Anna

University Gal
HSC
So glad that's over - never thought i'd say it but I actually miss my major now - it was my baby. ive woked on it since like december (coz i changed my topic early on) and now i won't see it again till next year when they get sent back. my class have decided that well share our stories and have them bound together so we have copies of everyone's coz the nine different works (6 stories, 2 critical responses and 1 poetry) are all so good and so different.
mine's fair emo - not angsty just emo and personal so im not real sure if i wanna share it with the big wide world just yet. plus im a little paranoid ill get critised for speeeeling mistakes coz i so can't speeeeeeeel lol.
boogie down that's two major works down and two to go!!!!!!

faceface

HSC
eurgh. despite title this isn't actually the final. but only minor changes. hmm.

i don't want to look at it.

you guys are all so freaking talented. but yay for finishing at least!

of blood - short stories

and yes, hypocrite me, but i want to see some more critical responses! the stories are rad too though.

story+wanky reflection statement (ERGASEYDGASDjmnf.aeewww.)

kewlu

Banned
HSC
Awwww, I've only got 25. :(

You so popular Nichole. <3

greycats

Mister Monday
HSC
Over the Hill - Short Story (Spec Fiction)

I was soo pleased with it for about a week before it was due, then on the day I realised how unhappy I was with it :)

bento

HSC
Does anyone worry about plagiarism on this site? even with people getting 'really influenced' by ideas and techniques? It's just that there's no copyright protection when its on the net lol.

I'm thinking about posting mine...eventually.

kewlu

Banned
HSC
bento said:
Does anyone worry about plagiarism on this site? even with people getting 'really influenced' by ideas and techniques? It's just that there's no copyright protection when its on the net lol.

I'm thinking about posting mine...eventually.
Course is over for the year.

If anyone plagarises mine, they're pretty stupid. Mine is a unique concept.

But after the course is finished, who cares? You can't change a thing, and subsequent years won't affect us. Hell, you would wind up dead in the morning, without your Major Work posted on the net for all to see in its final glory. Nothing will affect you then.

kewlu

Banned
HSC
Anytime. :)

But yeah, plagarism isn't really an issue to me, at least. I didn't plagarise from anyone, and if people plagarise mine (like they'd want to), then it is their fault.

greycats

Mister Monday
HSC
lm4eb - Skimmed over it, bit hard to follow skimming but I think I got the general jist of it, i like the development of Cassie- the childhood memories affecting her etc.. i think i'm reading it right haha

http://community.boredofstudies.org/members/faceface/faceface - Nice work of the switching between narrations, very skilful to do second person without it sounding shitty, but I couldn't bring myself to keep reading too far cause of the syntax/paragraphing.. or we could blame it on me being tired

cadylayne - as soon as i saw the catipillar talking i thought to myself 'oh God', but graciously i continued reading.. and i like the humour, but i only read half of it but, what i read was good, taking literal meanings of words etc etc

now it's someone elses turn to provide feedback- i'm too tired to do any else.
Edit: I couldn't be fucked reading the reflection statements, so i probably missed half of the important stuff

Last edited:

kewlu

Banned
HSC
So the Media poll in the main forum says there are at least 18 Critical Responders.... come on guys, I want to read a critical.

himmy6996

HSC
hey mate, handed in my mw the other day almost killed me, took 9 hrs to format. Just read ur rs (i found this the hardest) thought you did it very well, ticked all the boxes.

I did CR as well took a huge risk, wrote it in Antin style. No punctuation talk poetry, basically just one big talk, conversational tone, anecdotes etc. On Death of the Author, lit theory etc. Ill post it later, gonna read ur mw first

Good luck, lookin fwd to it

ChicShit

HSC
Is mine working for anyone (uploading wise), because it's not working for me ? :confused:

ChicShit

HSC
jimmayyy I'm reading yours now. It's amazing. 50's material
:)
It's just very good that you've managed to have the co-existence between intellectual writing and drug references (which is often difficult for most people). Congratulations!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)