BOS Showcase: 2005 Major Works (4 Viewers)

courtnez

Now, what I want is Facts
HSC
bustinjustin - I loved it! Erudite, amusing and well-constructed - I enjoyed the first reading of "Artisanal", only to have it enhanced by your informative Reflection Statement upon my second reading. Well done!

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
~Smurfette~ said:
Jayphen – Your imagery was beautiful in some parts of your story and really moving – especially the textual integrity you used in the mark made on the tree. Your intense detail made me feel very much a part of your protagonist’s experiences. I liked how you manipulated Greek mythology (I used hints of that in my story as well!) and you explained your relevance to that in your reflection statement pretty well. Your intent to explore schizophrenia was achieved well through the delusions and symbolism you used and I enjoyed the ending. One main criticism: I saw some space for development in plot without letting it lag. I felt perhaps you could have clarified the contrasting perspectives because it seemed a little ambiguous at times. Overall however, a good read!
Ahhhh I didn't see this until searching my name just now (as you do.. :p)

Thankyou very much for taking the time to read and respond to my MW. I really appreciate it. :) I'm glad you enjoyed the story.

I haven't thought about Extension 2 in ages! I can't wait to get my results back.

C

Crazy Pomo

You scratch my back I'll scratch yours

Can anyone who has finished their HSC, or otherwise, please give my MW a read. I promise I'll review everyone's (especially those that haven't been done allready) as soon as I can! I'm just mega keen to get some feedback.

Its called "Unscripted" (Stage Play) and I posted it a while back (not to far) and the Reflection is there. It's what I sent to the bo(a)r(e)d. No doubt it is in the 2003, 2004, 2005 showcase that one of the mods set up. CHEERS PEOPLE.

I highly recommend Gavrillo's and gorgo's.

bustinjustin

HSC
Oh wow.
Believe it or not, I can honestly say that there are stronger, funnier and better written works from my class, and having read back on mine, I can only think of more caustic, scathing ways to have written it.
Nevertheless, thank you, glad some of you liked it.

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
Haha, bustinjustin, do you realise your word count is exactly 8,000? Was that intentional?

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
Oh, and I thought this was great:

Unfortunately in life, God did not bless us all with equal abilities. Sadly, many people were born stupid. You see them out in the sticks, pushing five prams just to get that baby bonus from good old Centrelink. You see them at night on the beach, smoking their joints and drinking to their livers’ content. And you see them on the train reading the Daily Telegraph.

illodous

Angels...
HSC
Here's a copy of my Major Work from 2005 - The Secrets of D'al-Rushan - how silly of me to have forgotten to upload it earlier with all the others. Better late than never, I suppose.

Because of the large file size and content of the Short Story, I had to .zip the file (BOS wouldn't let me upload over 93kb). I hope you've got WinZip handy :)

Oh jhakka, you can delete this post and add the MW up at your liberty :)

doradiamond

HSC
hiya, here's my major work plus reflection statement =) it was a "novella" oooh pretentious sounding no?

senzazn

asian mo-fo
HSC
N/A
this is my ext2 major work from last yr:2005

Title: At My Fingertips
Medium: Poetry

i ended up with 46/50

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)