BOS Showcase: 2005 Major Works (1 Viewer)

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
true, that's what I also found apparent whilst reading those critical responses that made it into the showcase of their particular year group. Whilst some were very articulate and professionally sound this was not a reason I felt strong enough for a 50/50 alone. Crossing to the RS included made the distinction a whole lot clearer! The amount of time and research spent on some of these MW is incredible - a true indication of talent and culture -even in times of arguable chaos and corruption. It may seem odd, but this is the reason behind my resent for secondary education and its complimenting love for Extension 2 English. This task imposed no institutionalisation, no restrictions, no boundaries other than those you wish to forge. It seems I can ramble on forever, but for the sake of the purpose of this thread I will not.

I will however add that I will read your work sweets and will provide my amateuristic analysis. And of course anyone who wishes to discuss/argue the subject matter of my major work, or perhaps philosophy in general, please feel free to do so. Intellectual conversations are always so stimulating!

C

Crazy Pomo

Read My Play

Ok party people. This is my major work. It's a short stage play. Please give it a read. I won't say much except that it's a bit of a comedy, bit of a farce, bit of a satire, bit of a wank. Naturally criticisms are welcome, encouraged rather. Please read!

:kaz.n:

HSC
Kutar Maggi said:
felt too much like Kal Ho Na Ho :rolleyes:
Are you being serious? Wow...That's not a good sign...ahh well

It was meant to be entertaining, i tied in Karma and Reincarnation and its cyclic nature, linked it via an ancient indian poem and used the parrallel story technique to create a cultural bricolage but no body seems to have noticed...Must have used too much emotive/forced language..

Kutar Maggi

They call me nigga man
HSC
:kaz.n: said:
Are you being serious? Wow...That's not a good sign...ahh well

It was meant to be entertaining, i tied in Karma and Reincarnation and its cyclic nature, linked it via an ancient indian poem and used the parrallel story technique to create a cultural bricolage but no body seems to have noticed...Must have used too much emotive/forced language..
true......to artificial

katesaurus

HSC
does anyone know when we get our results?
its not any earlier then the other hsc marks right?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
katesaurus said:
does anyone know when we get our results?
its not any earlier then the other hsc marks right?
We get those depressing double digit(hopefully!) marks when all the other marks come back.

scoby_2000

HSC
everyone in my adv. eng. class that did ext 2 exhibited there works in class...

mine sucked major balls coz it was a screenplay and god meant screenplays to be imagined not to be read to....but people still said it was good...it just frustrated me how the people that read the lines didnt say it how i imagined it....thus my work was transformed into something i didnt like :(

anyone else exhibited their works?

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Jayphen said:
I deleted my thread before, I forget why.
But here is my final RS and SS.

http://medio-core.com/prv/RS.doc
http://medio-core.com/prv/perpetuity.doc
honestly, i found this story to be pretty boring. i only read about 3/4 of it before just skimming through the rest. you can obviously use words well, but it seems like you had decided to try and make the reader work as hard as possible to understand what was going on. you wanted your work to be extremely intellectual, so that meant that only the smartest people are allowed to understand it. subtlety is not something that is always a good thing, especially when it comprises up the majority of the story. i think you needed to spell out things occasionally, especially at the beginning in order to give the reader some sort of bearing

bonniejjj

HSC
I just thought I would add my major work and reflection statement (I finally got my final edit off the school computer system...)

The title is "In the Garden of Souls Amour Est Mort (My Love is Dead)"

I'd also like to add that until the end of June I was making a short computer animated film, but I changed medium as I feared I would be unable to complete it in time, thus jeapordising my hsc. It uses the same storyline, ideas and research, however.

The links
http://community.boredofstudies.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=10808
http://community.boredofstudies.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=10809

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
Alrighty, here's mine. Sadly it's basically a first draft. Needless to say I hate it. In the scope of something which was written in only two nights (from 1000words and a general concept, to a full blown short story and reflection) then i'm quite happy with it. The first page is about the only polished page in the entire work because it was the one I read for my Viva Voce and that forced me to edit and refine it somewhat (even though i still managed to mispell "arse").

The only thing really commendable about my writing is that it isn't often "awkward" to read; not in the case of my reflection statement however. I started writing that at midnight, took me till 3am (the day before it needed to be handed in as it needed to be ready to get professionally binded and shit).

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
jhakka said:
Note: All Major Works and Reflection Statements posted here have been added to the BOS Showcase with Works from 2003 and 2004.
Thanks for giving us the option of not putting it on the showcase...Can you remove mine?

J

jhakka

Meldrum said:
Thanks for giving us the option of not putting it on the showcase...Can you remove mine?
By posting in a thread named BOS Showcase: 2005 Major Works, that implies that you want it to here. The Showcase thread that I have made is not me posting the Major Works themselves, but rather linking to the Major Works posted by users on this forum. If you want the files removed, that is your choice, and you can do that by editing your own posts. If you want the link to the work that you posted removed from the list that I have provided, then you can PM me and request that it be removed.

I have removed you from the list, but it is up to you to remove your own work.

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
bustinjustin said:
Rightio here's my stuff
I believe you will recieve a call stating that your work has been selected for the Actual BOS showcase...it's absolutely brilliant...good luck getting that state ranking...I absolutely loved it.

nwatts

HSC
bustinjustin said:
Rightio here's my stuff
I also really enjoyed "Artisanal" - very entertaining, often very funny, and a great social commentary. Two very well crafted characters in a very real world.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)