Boring Degree? (1 Viewer)

2xL

HSC
Hey all,

Just finished mid sems for 1st sem of uni. Feeling a bit..uneasy and doubtful about my degree choice. Coming from a science background, which i really enjoyed, I'm just finding it hard to really engage with the material for Commerce subjects. I'm doing ECON1101, ECON1203 and ACCT1501 in first sem. Just find it really bland and dry. Anyone else feeling this way?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Why did you do Commerce in the first place?

madharris

HSC
N/A
You can always change to science or maybe science/commerce if you feel like your commerce subjects are too boring

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey all,

Just finished mid sems for 1st sem of uni. Feeling a bit..uneasy and doubtful about my degree choice. Coming from a science background, which i really enjoyed, I'm just finding it hard to really engage with the material for Commerce subjects. I'm doing ECON1101, ECON1203 and ACCT1501 in first sem. Just find it really bland and dry. Anyone else feeling this way?
I can totally understand what you mean haha. If I had a choice I would have combined my degree with Arts instead of Commerce. Starting to regret picking Commerce now. Finance gets so dry and boring. If I did Arts, I would have majored in a language, which is what I enjoy doing. I decided to stick with Commerce as I am 3 more subjects away from completing my Com degree.

If you don't think Commerce is for you, maybe crash a random science lecture and see if that's what you enjoy. You can always swap from a commerce stream to science stream. Except, you will need to catch up on those subjects (summer school exists for a reason) or graduate later. There is nothing wrong with graduating later.

Last edited:

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Stop getting allured by employment prospects and nagging of your parents to do commerce,it's not for everyone,I don't know how many 1st year student friends I have who are already telling me how boring it is.(well only like 3) People need to see there's still enough demand for other degrees and not just commerce. You're inflating the B.Comm atar requirement for me :(

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Thought it would be somewhat interesting.
Well have you thought about which majors in the Commerce degree look interesting to you.

I assume that the units you're doing are core units but how are you looking to plan out the rest of your degree?

Also, you can perhaps transfer to Sci/Law otherwise.

HSC
N/A
Hey all,

Switch to medicine or engineering/Law :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)