Boredom (1 Viewer)

dizzyingheights

Hey all,

is it just me, or has it been really hard for others to get motivated enough to self-discipline themself to study these holidays? I cannot seem to get over the boredom factor and my mind just wanders off when i start reading.

Has anyone else genuinely not studied in the last week or for those who have, have you been very unproductive?

Are there any people in here who were expecting to do well (ie. have a good overall assessment rank across their subjects) but are nervous about their performance in the exams and thus their UAI?

And finally, has anyone looked over their syllabus and realised just HOW much they have to learn for the first time??!

Indulge me with your thoughts, experiences, expectations and fears...

:( :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Huy

HSC
N/A
Everybody will have difficulty finding motivation for continual (and habitual) studying, for some, it may be easier to 'start off' than others.

Remove all distractions, leave home (temporarily for a few hours) if you're having trouble studying.

Everybody is nervous about the exams, because if you're nervous, it shows that you're concerned about your studies and that you're taking it seriously. For those who aren't nervous (at all), then they're cruising along.

I've looked at my syllabi, but it's not so much "what I have to learn for the first time" - it's more of a "how much I've got to know and revise"

:)

PS, my studying has been unproductive, but I'm doing some late night readings and they're sinking in (productively you might say ;))

dizzyingheights

Thanks for your thoughts Huy. :)

But does anyone here actually feel like their nerves and fears dominate their thoughts and hence they can't focus and study as productively? I think my fear is debilitating me... it's weird. I scarmble to do anything but study because it feels ike I'm confronting my fear in a way... and it's too hard to face this fear that I won't learn it all in time...

How do others overcome that???

Maybe I'm being overdramatic... but that's how I feel... It's like, failing the HSC to me is more about not achieiving what I was capable of achieving.... thats the biggest disappointment to me... not the actual mark itself. I know I won't fail, but I hate thinking I will do worse than I was capable of...

Do others feel the same??

Last edited:

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
My study everyday consists of 7 hours.

But if you break that down into more detail you get:

3 hours of study
2 hours of staring at the wall
2 hours of music listening/lying down in bed with textbook.

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
I cant study sometimes thinking about life in general, i get depressed...

I also have dreams about failing... last night i had one about getting marks of 71 in English and 82 in Biology... (I dont know why i remember those exact marks- its not even failing!) I wouldnt mine them.... but last night i was horrified at those marks...

Im fricken screwed in the head... thankyou HSC for ruining my life...

dizzyingheights

Originally posted by Ragerunner
My study everyday consists of 7 hours.

But if you break that down into more detail you get:

3 hours of study
2 hours of music listening/lying down in bed with textbook.
LOL 2 hrs of staring at the wall... thanks ragerunner, you made me laugh today...i can just imagine it.

yeah, staring at the wall is about as interesting as staring at a textbook sometimes... off in your own minds wonderland where there is no HSC.... ;)

Last edited:

dizzyingheights

Originally posted by Beaky
I cant study sometimes thinking about life in general, i get depressed...

Im fricken screwed in the head... thankyou HSC for ruining my life...
Yeah, i think i'm going through a mid-life crisis way too early on in life... i suddenly want to re-evaluate my life when i should be revising english lol

dizzyingheights

im getting the impression that this thread is depressing people lol

so many views and yet so fewposts

Lundy

Banned
HSC
This thread didnt depress me, I'm already depressed

Or actually I'm just in a state of....nothingness. Like how I have my textbook open, and I'm not reading it, I'm just staring at the page, and my mind is totally blank. I think i've done that for minutes on end before.

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
I'm psyched, I can't wait for the HSC!! I've done all my study, feelin optimistic and not depressed at all!!

Lol sorry, just thought we needed some happiness in this thread, even though that ^ is complete bulls**t. :D

I'm not feeling too bad yet but in about a week I know I'm gonna be freaking out cos I won't have studied enough and won't know all my stuff...but watever happens, happens. I'm not going to worry my head off over the HSC, its not the end of the world if I don't do well

kokeshi

HSC
N/A
mm..I'm having difficulty studying myself. I think seeing studying as a chore just worsens the situation but less than two weeks left. I get tense every day just thinking about the damn HSC. There are other options if I don't do well so I'm not that fussed but I wish the whole ordeal would go away.

Hotdog1

Yummmmmmmmmm...
HSC
Yes. Just think of studying as you wank, it'll have quite the subliminal effect. In a few days, you'll die to study

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Just summarise your entire textbook into a MD or CD and listen to it while you bludge.

I tried it, it works ok but i hate listening to myself.

I wish you could get your favourite singer to sing you your notes hahhaha,

Rahul

Dead Member
hmm....hsc isnt the biggest, most difficult part of our lives.

there will be much harder thigns in our lives to come. :)

so put things into perspective and enjoy this time if possible; reward yourself for studying and try to get involved in your studies :)

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
I reward myself every 5 minutes hahahhahahhaah

Jumbo Cactuar

Argentous Fingers
HSC
Originally posted by Ragerunner
Yeah well for me thats good cause I put stickies of all my work up on the wall - so really staring at the wall is the same as revising my notes!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i think that as the exams get closer it will get a little easier because we won't have all this time on our hands, we will have to study for the exam the next day and that's it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)