• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Boredofstudies exam forums: Doing more harm than good? (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by PRSOV
I know its good to discuss after exams what answers you got for that particular exams and to make any relevant comments about the exam, but I always find out what mistakes I made from the exam my discussing on these forums, "DOHHHHHH"

What are your thoughts? does disecting an exam after its over do more harm than good ?
i think it's good to see what others thought, instead of worrying that i thought it was extra easy or extra hard.
i also think it's good to be brought down to earth to see where i made mistakes.
during the hsc time i just sort of skimmed them, to get a general idea, i didn't take anything in because i didn't want it to put me off for my other exams, now i can take it all in, although the hype has gone and now i don't care

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Gregor Samsa
Bored Of Studies.. A Threat To Our Youth?.

The question is one that has challenged many influential thinkers for generations, pondering whether detrimental elements in society may be attributed to this forum, including disappointment and counter-productive exam discussion. Not only is the forum evil, some would claim, but it is also out to steal our precious bodily fluids.. :D

However, I think it isn't really a bad thing, as discussion does allow you to gauge difficulty on a wider scale than your immediate friends and/or classmates. Quite helpful, actually.
Just imagine, you probably won't be able to write like that for a long time to come... after HSC, people in general forget things. :p

tempco

HSC
Well, you'll have to specify... short term, or long term harm... might give you a false sense of security if you didn't do well in the exam, but you thought you did... depends on the person and how they take it.

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Originally posted by flyin'
Just imagine, you probably won't be able to write like that for a long time to come... after HSC, people in general forget things. :p
What a reassuring thought.

In all seriousness though, I've been trying my darndest to avert 'forgetting things' of that nature, a process that will hopefully succeed, and therefore prevent my being 'rusty' for the beginning of university, which would most definately be little-to-no fun.

How are other people coping with this? I read lots and write a fair bit normally, which should help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)