bored of studies members (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
fallenstar said:
that gave me a headache and all i read were the first two lines of the equation.
lol, but maths is a language though!!

adnan91

HSC
fallenstar said:
a very difficult language, haha. i accept that i will never, ever be fluent.
speaking of maths...apparently engineering maths is like harder than extension 2 is this correct but then again the person that told me this always trys to scare the shit out of me

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
adnan91 said:
speaking of maths...apparently engineering maths is like harder than extension 2 is this correct but then again the person that told me this always trys to scare the shit out of me
probably. i mean it has to be harder than 4 unit considering that it requires 3-4 years to get a degree out of it. And doesn't it have 3 unit as an assumed knowledge anyway (at least for some engineerings). Besides 4 unit isn't as hard as what people make it out to be anyway...

adnan91

HSC
lyounamu said:
probably. i mean it has to be harder than 4 unit considering that it requires 3-4 years to get a degree out of it. And doesn't it have 3 unit as an assumed knowledge anyway (at least for some engineerings). Besides 4 unit isn't as hard as what people make it out to be anyway...
yea i see. ext 2 isnt all hard only specfic aspects of the course nywyas im off laters

dp624

HSC
adnan91 said:
The proof of study = fail:

study= no fail...(1)
no study = fail...(2)

(1)+(2) no study plus study = no fail plus fail
take out study of LHS and fail out of RHS so..

study( no + 1)=fail( no +1 )

divide by (no + 1) you get

study = fail

ps theres nothing wrong with being a nerd
lol there are a number of significant flaws but for humour's sake i'll lettem pass

brisee

HSC
Ok, probably a question that's been asked so so many times before. I did an experiment into the assessment moderator and entered a range of marks into the Assessent Mark and Exam Mark columns, but for 2 students I had one do phenomenally well in assessment but bomb in the exam... then one fall last in assessment but ace the exam i.e. get 100.

Now, in the moderated result... blue took the lowest result and red took 100 which was only achieved by blue in the Exam. I find it hard to believe that this is the calculation they'd really use. Is it true that if you come 1st in the class in assessment and someone else in your class just so happens to get a mark dramatically higher than your own that you can just take that moderated mark? Sorry, but it doesn't sit well with me...

Macdwg

Professional Mad Lad
HSC
Your missing the point. The point is to generate a 'moderated' assessment mark so that you can be compared to the rest of the state. The person who ranked last in his assessment will get the lowest moderated assessment mark, sounds fair to me, and then that mark is aligned with his individual exam result (100).

Moderated Assessment mark + Exam Mark = Final HSC mark.

If you do poorly throughout the year and then ace the exam, you still benefit very well from acing the exam.

Its those who are consistent throughout the year up to and including the exam, that get very good marks. They deserve it as well.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Your missing the point. The point is to generate a 'moderated' assessment mark so that you can be compared to the rest of the state. The person who ranked last in his assessment will get the lowest moderated assessment mark, sounds fair to me, and then that mark is aligned with his individual exam result (100).

Moderated Assessment mark + Exam Mark = Final HSC mark.

If you do poorly throughout the year and then ace the exam, you still benefit very well from acing the exam.

Its those who are consistent throughout the year up to and including the exam, that get very good marks. They deserve it as well.
LOL

So if I get 49 in terms of moderated and 49 in hsc exam, do I get 98 HSC mark?

lol

Macdwg

Professional Mad Lad
HSC
Don't take what i said literally. -.-

It's clearly not added together to give a final result.
Its merely the short way of saying those two marks produce your final result.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Don't take what i said literally. -.-

It's clearly not added together to give a final result.
Its merely the short way of saying those two marks produce your final result.
Just so you know, they average the Moderated Assessment mark + Exam Mark :)

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Ok, probably a question that's been asked so so many times before. I did an experiment into the assessment moderator and entered a range of marks into the Assessent Mark and Exam Mark columns, but for 2 students I had one do phenomenally well in assessment but bomb in the exam... then one fall last in assessment but ace the exam i.e. get 100.

Now, in the moderated result... blue took the lowest result and red took 100 which was only achieved by blue in the Exam. I find it hard to believe that this is the calculation they'd really use. Is it true that if you come 1st in the class in assessment and someone else in your class just so happens to get a mark dramatically higher than your own that you can just take that moderated mark? Sorry, but it doesn't sit well with me...
So in the end, the 50% internals are more important than the 50% externals due to moderation? I find this unfair, because the person who does extremely well externally (brisee's case of 100) may have found his determination and passion to succeed in the end. It should be the other way around...Anyone clear this up for me as well?

Last edited:

iNerd

Banned
HSC
i was just wondering..
are the people who're active in bored of studies are all nerds?
because when i opened the uai n marks of hsc exams etc, they're all got the pretty damn good marks....
:read:

guess i'm the only person who's dumb here...:uhoh:

make that the second dumb person here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)