Bopo cards no longer work!!! (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
[AWESOME HOT SEXY SPAM]

Just a heads up

Turns out that bopo's parent company has gone bankrupt. This means that if you have bopo cards you won't be able to recharge it: so you have a crappy paperweight card. If you want to switch there's an offer for ex-bopo members with a similar, but cheaper card (as you don't have to pay crazy fees to top-up, with every purchase, with every withdrawal, etc.) It's called a canvas card (it's a topup visa)

I remember some bosers are part of bopo, so may as well post this lah.

The coupon code to get the $7.95 card fee waived is loadcashplay

Enter it at www.mycanvascard.com.au

[/SPAM]

p.s. the card is actually orsum and I've got one now. You can even use it to download pr0n if you're under aged. Sexy time.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
nah but i likez it. i only advertising orsum shit like xbox stuff and gay p0rn. i wouldnt post this if i didnt know that a numbers of bosers got bopo cards including our good friend 48.47.46.45.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
yes. yes i am.

however, i don't actually get a cent from this offer.

lala2

Banned
HSC
lol lucky I didn't take up on the Bopo offer from OWeek. I hope the same doesn't happen to Canvas. Thanks Stas.

johony

HSC
canvas do a pretty good job of hiding the fees and charges from public view - you have to download the PDS and search for the charges.

figures, since it costs $3.75 to load money on and theres a $3 'service fee' charged every month. soz if i ruined the party

sure is trendy looking though..

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
not really. it still works out as cheaper than bopo or similar top-up cards. the horrible thing with bopo was paying for every time you purchase. I don't see how the fees are hidden? You click on fees and it tells you to read the PDS, which is the industry standard. When I got my bankwest cards recently, as well as my commbank cards before that I had to do the exact same thing.

johony

HSC
stazi said:
not really. it still works out as cheaper than bopo or similar top-up cards. the horrible thing with bopo was paying for every time you purchase.
i guess so, but it does add up after awhile, and something i'd only use only for particular needs.

virtualvcard i find better for just online purchases, as theres a one-off fee, which is the cost of the card. but you can't reload the card, and if you want to withdraw the remaining funds from the card it costs 10 bucks.

I don't see how the fees are hidden? You click on fees and it tells you to read the PDS, which is the industry standard. When I got my bankwest cards recently, as well as my commbank cards before that I had to do the exact same thing.
i remember bopo listed the complete schedule of fees on their website - but don't quote me on this.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
yeah ive used vcard before - it's quite good. but then again, the purpose of the canvas card is different: to have something physical you can constantly use. dowdell loved bopo - and everyone loves dowdell.

SipSip

HSC
N/A
I think i remember the ad on tv back when i was at the gym once...

What the hell is that...why can't you just get a credit card with a small limit for your kids...

The parent company bankrupted?! sounds like the biggest scam...

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Bopo wasn't a scam - it's just that the company that owns them (Bill Express) went kaputz. BoPo was only a tiny % of their business, and their financials sucked balls

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
A High Way Man said:
get a visa/mastercard debit card u lazy guys.

Yah this is goot.

Go with St George because they has NO FEES for students. Not like ANZ. The fuckers.

johony

HSC
Got one the other day.

Extremely useful when it comes to Paypal - don't have to wait 5 days or whatever to process payments from my bank account, i can do an instant bank transfer. I haven't even loaded anything on my card.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)