Booting problems. (1 Viewer)

Demandred

HSC
Hey guys, my computer has been acting real wierd from when I turn it on during the mourning.

When I press the power button:

- one of the lights at the front turns on, but the other one is dead,
- there's nothing on the screen
- however there is power as the the fan is turned on
- there's no way to restart or to turn off, the only option is to turn off the power point.
- after a few tries, soemtimes I just wait a few mins, the other light flickers on and the computer starts to load - back to normal

This happened a few months before, but it returned back to normal, now its acting up again.

Anyone know whats wrong? I usually turn off the computer at night and pull out the plug.

Also, I am upgrading soon, I will be adding another HD, if it is a HD problem, will this fix it?

- Thanks guys

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
It sounds like one of the internet connections is loose, or damaged. More likely loose if the problem has fixed itself.

I'd take a look inside (assuming you've done this before) for loose power cables etc, make sure none of them are damaged.

If you're not comfortable fiddling with the inside, I'd take the machine in to be serviced by people who know how to replace & test the components for electrical faults etc, rather than trying to do it yourself.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
You should be able to turn the computer off by holding the Power button for a few seconds.

Either connection problem or harddrive, most likely hardrive i would think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)