Boost Juice ? (1 Viewer)

belly_moo

burgur 'o5
HSC
jay2000 said:
It's not so bad. One of my friends (20 yrs old)did work experience in a law firm in HK last summer holidays.
He got paid HK$20 an hour, which is equivalent to a $3.49 in Australian dollars. He also got worked to death typing up letters and other odds and ends (probably like a maid) I know it's only work experience but still...hehe...slave labour.
:)
oh wtf !! hmm i can't really ask you if your friend got any freebies cause it's a law firm. what CAN you get ? longer lunch breaks?
but thats work experience.. i did work experience for hospitality this year for Sheraton on the Park and i got paid nothin' . but the lunches were good.. they had this canteen there that was $2.50 a plate all you can eat :D

newbie: how did your friend get a job at Myer?? and at which store ?

Last edited:

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
belly_moo said:
serious? =|
i've already given in my resume though. ahh well. too late i guess.
but i'm getting desperate for a job and 16 year olds like myself can't get jobs at places like Myer. not 'high class' enough for that kinda retail biz.
and it's hard to get into retail when you're a 16y.o. with no retailing experience eeeek..

[this is slightly off topic but ..] you work in Myer in the city? bahaha my friend went there to buy socks today. she needed em for work this arvo at the cinemas on george st. do you get massive discounts at Myer? :D
did boost have an ad in the paper? if there was, there's a group interview where the owner goes around a table of 8: first asking everyone to introduce themselves, and then giving a scenario (customer service, team work) to each person and asking what you would do in each case. hehe i learnt from this experience - THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT, EVEN IF THEYRE OBVIOUSLY WRONG :)

You can get a retail job bell! there are lots out there: jayjays, just jeans, house, copperate...just put on your resume, OBJECTIVE: to attain a christmas casual (etc) position with X. Trust me, there will be extra jobs for xmas if you apply now.

off the topic, yeah i get a 7% discount at myer - hehe and know when the sales are, and easily put things on hold :p actually, i think i probably spend most of my money there...:D so they kinda win-win.

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
Cinemas tend to pay you really well.
I think for a 17yo its about $11 per hour. And cinemas are always open on public holidays meaning double time. The only downside is having to work late hours.

Last edited:

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
Cinemas tend to pay you really well.
I think for a 17yo its about $11 per hour. And cinemas are always open on public holidays meaning double time. The only downside is having to work late hours.

belly_moo

burgur 'o5
HSC
veanz said:
did boost have an ad in the paper? if there was, there's a group interview where the owner goes around a table of 8: first asking everyone to introduce themselves, and then giving a scenario (customer service, team work) to each person and asking what you would do in each case. hehe i learnt from this experience - THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT, EVEN IF THEYRE OBVIOUSLY WRONG :)

You can get a retail job bell! there are lots out there: jayjays, just jeans, house, copperate...just put on your resume, OBJECTIVE: to attain a christmas casual (etc) position with X. Trust me, there will be extra jobs for xmas if you apply now.

off the topic, yeah i get a 7% discount at myer - hehe and know when the sales are, and easily put things on hold :p actually, i think i probably spend most of my money there...:D so they kinda win-win.
veanz: i saw the ad in the paper ages ago but didn't go for it then cause it's in marrickville. rofl. not the best location but meh..

i was in myer in the city today! i looked around and most of hte people working where i was standing around [the make-up section] were all like.. old people?! they didn't look like teenagers ?! would you guys be hiring anyone anytime soon by the way? :D

hyperbole: i just found out a few days ago that one of my friends from school works at the cinemas on george street?!? i asked her about jobs there n she told me just to hand in a resume at school. teehee. i won't mind late hours i guess or the double-time =Þ

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Consider that they are both in the food industry, Boost and Subway probably got the same award wage rate and similar working conditions. if you'd like something that you enjoy and pays relatively well, i'd suggest a retail store eg. like The Body Shop and Myer. They'll look better on your resume consider that the type of customer service is a little bit more extensive. These environments are more dynamics and more interesting. However, i'd choose Myer over The Body Shop as you'll tend to get more customers. But Christmas is a good time to apply and The Body Shop is hiring lots of Christmas Casuals at the moment. I was one last year and it was the best experience I've ever had!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
sugaryblue said:
Consider that they are both in the food industry, Boost and Subway probably got the same award wage rate and similar working conditions. if you'd like something that you enjoy and pays relatively well, i'd suggest a retail store eg. like The Body Shop and Myer. They'll look better on your resume consider that the type of customer service is a little bit more extensive. These environments are more dynamics and more interesting. However, i'd choose Myer over The Body Shop as you'll tend to get more customers. But Christmas is a good time to apply and The Body Shop is hiring lots of Christmas Casuals at the moment. I was one last year and it was the best experience I've ever had!
did you need work experience?

is it mainly / only females that work there?

is it just a christmas casual position?

Last edited:

belly_moo

burgur 'o5
HSC
thanks, sugaryblue

i went on the body shop website and looked around for employment. all it says i need to do is hand in a resume to the nearest store :D

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
mouiseravioli said:
hey is there any bitches online who wanna suck some cock

what's with the sudden onslaught of wankers in the BOS forums??? :rolleyes:

baby706

i work at boost!

i work at boost. i get like $9.70 and im 17. i used to get $7.70 when i was 16 but i think its gone up near to $8 coz the award has changed. its a pretty good place to work. its fun but it does get really really busy sometimes especially at my store. still u get free boost and theme days where u get to dress up. good luck!

belly_moo

burgur 'o5
HSC
baby706 said:
i work at boost. i get like $9.70 and im 17. i used to get $7.70 when i was 16 but i think its gone up near to $8 coz the award has changed. its a pretty good place to work. its fun but it does get really really busy sometimes especially at my store. still u get free boost and theme days where u get to dress up. good luck!

haha yeah the day i went in to ask about a job the chick was wearing a fluro green wig :eek: !!

but ikea rang me this arvo.. about a second job interview.. it's in blacktown [AGAIN] though

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
iambored said:
did you need work experience?

is it mainly / only females that work there?

is it just a christmas casual position?
1) it depends from store to store, because the only reference I gave was my teachers' and i only mentioned Year 10 work experience on my resume

2) mainly females but they'll love to have males ;) I've seen a few guys at the orientation.

3) It depends, they sign you up on a Christmas Contract, but there are for positions offered afterwards, which you can apply for

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
sugaryblue said:
1) it depends from store to store, because the only reference I gave was my teachers' and i only mentioned Year 10 work experience on my resume

2) mainly females but they'll love to have males ;) I've seen a few guys at the orientation.

3) It depends, they sign you up on a Christmas Contract, but there are for positions offered afterwards, which you can apply for
thanks

dsfsdfsdfadfad

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
is there a way boost could be organised so juices are made more quickly? some of the more popular drinks could be mixed ahead of time? (not blended, just put the ingredients in)

carrotz

HSC
Uni Grad
iambored said:
is there a way boost could be organised so juices are made more quickly? some of the more popular drinks could be mixed ahead of time? (not blended, just put the ingredients in)
but its kinda hard to tell on which drink should be mixed, and some customers choose to change a few of the ingredients..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)