Boost juice at sydney uni (1 Viewer)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Methinks not. Boost is rather expensive, and uni students generally shy away from expensive things. You can get a large awesome thai meal for the same price as a large juice at Boost. The reason Boosts are in shopping centres and in the city is because their target group is young people with cash to wave around (ie not uni students, who are reputably pov).

However, if one opens I'm going to see if I can transfer from the one I currently work at. Sure, I'd have to act uber friendly to people I actually know, but it'd be closer so I could work more.

Libbster

HSC
i wish there was a subway on campus :( i'm too lazy to walk to broadway :p

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
In the past, McDonalds offered the Union $1 million to have an outlet on campus and they refused.

In the post-VSU era, offers from corporations may be treated with more interest. So entirely possible that there'll be a Boost/Subway etc. especially when the USyd Central building opens.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
lucigrace said:
did anyone hear there is a boost juice coming to Sydney uni Main campus??@@
Yeah, except this is like 18 months old news. USyd Central will be a new facilities building nearish to Wentworth, and I think Wentworth's being sold to the University or something.

lengy

HSC
So by the time they're done we'll be long gone?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
If they allow boost juice but not mcdonald's that's pretty weak imo. As bad as mc donald's is those huge boost juice drinks would be comparable.

Generator

HSC
N/A
hiphophooray123 said:
Thanks to our lefty union, that won't happen.
Keeping in mind that the decision in question was reached under USU, why blame the lefties when any student union, no matter its political inclinations, would act to maintain its position?

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
Generator said:
Keeping in mind that the decision in question was reached under USU, why blame the lefties when any student union, no matter its political inclinations, would act to maintain its position?
A. Our union refused the proposal ('blame them')

B. Our union is run by lefties ('lefty union').

A+B = 'thanks to our lefty union, that won't happen."

:confused:

lala2

Banned
HSC
Construction next to Wentworth? :confused: If it's that empty block of land next to Wentworth heading along to Architecture and Seymour, it doesn't seem to be particularly constructive .

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Yeah they haven't started construction yet as per say. But I'm sure that "pending final approval" they'll start soon....

You can see the (really fast) progress of the building in 15 second intervals from the webcam mounted from Carslaw here: http://www.facilities.usyd.edu.au/webcam/usyd1/

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
ujuphleg said:
Yeah they haven't started construction yet as per say. But I'm sure that "pending final approval" they'll start soon....

You can see the (really fast) progress of the building in 15 second intervals from the webcam mounted from Carslaw here: http://www.facilities.usyd.edu.au/webcam/usyd1/
oh wow! does USYD have any more webcams available?

Like maybe for the construction of the new law building (between fisher & carslaw).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)