Books on World War I (1 Viewer)

whitnall8

HSC
Can anyone recommend a really good and interesting book on the Great War or the Russian Revolution that I can have a crack at reading these holidays for the Modern History Course? Anything that isn't longer than like 400 pages that i can finish by the end of the holidays.

isabe

HSC
for the Great War defintely look into " World War 1: A very short introduction". It's this really succinct overview of the war, but it goes into such depth about some of the background that you will learn way more from it than any of the HSC textbooks.
I also think there's a book on the Russian Revolutionin the same series ("A Very Short Introduction") which is probably ok

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Please be aware that the depth of knowledge coming from these books isn't really necessary for the Core particularly now that you don't have the 10 mark 'Sources and Own Knowledge' Question.

The only 10 marker now is the reliability, usefulness, perspective question and they give you the source to analyse for that.

Personally I am advising my students to read about Germany or Conflict in Europe these holidays rather than World War One.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)