books for maths subjects (1 Viewer)

jawed_r

Originally posted by freaking_out
so did u get the textbook itself- and was it very helpful for u, such that u could not have survived without it?? :D
Actually I only bought the textbook in a panic before the exam that I wouldnt be able to revise on the incomplete Kopystop notes and my own non-existant lecture notes...

It was helpful for some things but I didn't really need it at the time after all I think. But it was kinda helpful again in 2nd semester calculus (although the kopystop notes are much better for this course and cover the whole thing pretty much), and its got a fair bit of content on this semester and next semester's calculus courses (MATH2901 & MATH2907.) So on the whole I'm glad I bought it, but you could easily get away without it. Its up to you whether you want to part with your money or not. If youre only going to do 1st year maths, and youre planning to take half decent notes in class, my advice is not to bother. You can always try borrowing it from the library if u really need it, or to check it out and see if you want it. No chance of getting hold of it right before the exams, though.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by jawed_r
Actually I only bought the textbook in a panic before the exam that I wouldnt be able to revise on the incomplete Kopystop notes and my own non-existant lecture notes...

It was helpful for some things but I didn't really need it at the time after all I think. But it was kinda helpful again in 2nd semester calculus (although the kopystop notes are much better for this course and cover the whole thing pretty much), and its got a fair bit of content on this semester and next semester's calculus courses (MATH2901 & MATH2907.) So on the whole I'm glad I bought it, but you could easily get away without it. Its up to you whether you want to part with your money or not. If youre only going to do 1st year maths, and youre planning to take half decent notes in class, my advice is not to bother. You can always try borrowing it from the library if u really need it, or to check it out and see if you want it. No chance of getting hold of it right before the exams, though.
okie dokie, in that case i will b buying it since i'll b doing maths into the second year as well...so yeah, hopefully its really helpfull. :)

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by BlackJack
Impossible. They can't clash. A lot of people did both adv chem and adv physics last year.

btw, the calc book is useful for more than 1 year. :p
Originally posted by KeypadSDM
Trust me, they do.
nay, keyz pad, they dun... i fink ur engineerin n chem or something clashes, not ur chem and phys... u just gotta c that dude in student center and change it...

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by xiao1985
nay, keyz pad, they dun... i fink ur engineerin n chem or something clashes, not ur chem and phys... u just gotta c that dude in student center and change it...
yeah, the chem. clashed wif my engineering as well...but not wif physics though. :)

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by freaking_out
yeah, the chem. clashed wif my engineering as well...but not wif physics though. :)
c?? the almighty xiao is always right... =) (jkin jkin)

btw, keyspad... r u in tsp + maths ssp + chem ssp??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)