Booklets + DFD (1 Viewer)

HSC
I used 8 booklets :D

I immediately requested 4 extras, after seeing we got 4.
How much did everyone write?

Also, with the DFD, what did you guys do? Did you connect it to the two other processes in the original diagram?

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
I used 6 booklets and I redid my DFD like twice. I didn't connect them to the other processes... I just did what I was always taught when refining DFDs and put lines going out of the processes to the other processes but didn't actually draw them. I don't expect full marks for that q anyway lol.

HSC
Martyno1 said:
I just did what I was always taught when refining DFDs and put lines going out of the processes to the other processes but didn't actually draw them.
That's exactly what I thought I should do, and I think it's in one of the textbooks, but then I should, oh well why not :p

I did a proper (full) draft before I did mine, because I knew I'd change it like 10 times before the final.

Also, I did mine along the long side of the paper, and not along the short side, anyone else do this?

Legham

HSC
I used 5 booklets i think.. Apparently starcraftmazter hasn't heard of the word "succint" :p 8 books is over the top!

Mooju

HSC
used up 7 booklets, 1 and a half for each question except 23. Didn't need to write too mcuh with 23 --> it was mainly algorithm and DFD stuff so you know and i never do a draft of dfd's =/ teacher usually gives me full marks or a mark off so im usually ok not doing a draft but it was alright XDD pretty happy with it and it looks like most of you were as well =]

HSC
Legham said:
I used 5 booklets i think.. Apparently starcraftmazter hasn't heard of the word "succint" :p 8 books is over the top!
I actually wanted to use 9, so I can get more lulz when I requested another booklet over the 4 I got at the start, I got close on q22 I think, but it didn't happen :(

Also, I had time left, so clearly I didn't write enough :p

Also, another guy in our class used 8 booklets. Us two are actually the one ones whom stayed till the bitter end lol :D

djh89

HSC
I love writing half as much as some people, and doing twice as good. Then again I did use 6 booklets. I struggled to finish though as a result.

NovaAesa

HSC
7 booklets, but 3 of them only had like 1 page of writing on them.

With the DFD I just put the arrows to the side of the page instead of drawing what they were actually meant to go to. I have no idea if that was right or not (I've got a feeling not).

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
Starcraftmazter said:
I actually wanted to use 9, so I can get more lulz when I requested another booklet over the 4 I got at the start, I got close on q22 I think, but it didn't happen :(

Also, I had time left, so clearly I didn't write enough :p

Also, another guy in our class used 8 booklets. Us two are actually the one ones whom stayed till the bitter end lol :D
lol there were 15 of us at the start and 1 hour into the exam there were 5 of us left. shows how much my class likes the subject.

HSC
NovaAesa said:
7 booklets, but 3 of them only had like 1 page of writing on them.
Oh no, you're better than me! :worried:

Which question did you use 3 booklets for?

NovaAesa said:
With the DFD I just put the arrows to the side of the page instead of drawing what they were actually meant to go to. I have no idea if that was right or not (I've got a feeling not).
It is. Our SDD teacher gave us a handout which had a lot of info on diagrams, and it had an example which did exactly what with both inputs and outputs.

I don't know why I decided against it ><
But I don't think it will matter, I think both ways will be alright. Hopefully lol.

Martyno1 said:
lol there were 15 of us at the start and 1 hour into the exam there were 5 of us left. shows how much my class likes the subject.
Given that there is such a small number of students doing SDD, I wonder what small percentage of them actually take it seriously / try hard.

I think the numbers are really depressing =/

In the (unlikely :p) event that I come first in the state, I'm going to make it clear to the BoS that the course needs some major reforms.

Last edited:

NovaAesa

HSC
Starcraftmazter said:
Oh no, you're better than me! :worried:

Which question did you use 3 booklets for?
Eh? I used 7 booklets, 2 for Q21, 1 for Q22, 2 for Q23 and 2 for Q25. So I don't see how I'm better than you. Anyway, its about quality not quantity. And the main reason I needed extra booklets was because when I write fast, my handwriting gets all retarded and big :(

I did get 14 for MC though, and you only got 13 (I think), so I'm better than you at that :rofl:

NovaAesa

HSC
Starcraftmazter said:
It is. Our SDD teacher gave us a handout which had a lot of info on diagrams, and it had an example which did exactly what with both inputs and outputs.

I don't know why I decided against it ><
But I don't think it will matter, I think both ways will be alright. Hopefully lol.
Hey, good to hear. Maybe you have competition for getting first in state. 1 MC is the only thing I think I might have gotten wrong. (Not trying to be up myself, just saying is all). Meh, probably won't happen though. There's probably some smart arse out there who got 100%, and I probably lost marks somwhere else anyway.

HSC
NovaAesa said:
Eh? I used 7 booklets,
Oh, I thought you said 9 :p

Lol, I am as thorough reading your posts, as I was reading the questions in the exam.

NovaAesa said:
I did get 14 for MC though, and you only got 13 (I think), so I'm better than you at that :rofl:
No, I got only 2 wrong, which makes it 18.

NovaAesa said:
Hey, good to hear. Maybe you have competition for getting first in state. 1 MC is the only thing I think I might have gotten wrong. (Not trying to be up myself, just saying is all). Meh, probably won't happen though. There's probably some smart arse out there who got 100%, and I probably lost marks somwhere else anyway.
Man, I think it's going to be more about luck than who's best :p

You guys see what I did thar?

NovaAesa

HSC
Starcraftmazter said:
No, I got only 2 wrong, which makes it 18.
My bad, thought it was out of 15 for some reason. I got 19 and you got 18.

Starcraftmazter said:
Man, I think it's going to be more about luck than who's best :p
Yer that's very true, well said. Anyone who gets over 95 probably has the same chances as everyone else, but it just depends on how they were going on the day and what the particular questions that came up were.

FromDeeEast

HSC
haha... getting first in software is not hard. Gratz on learning to memorise an excel book.

would be more interesting if the software exam was 3 qu where u had to design 3 applications in any language within 3 hours.

Most hsc subjects r just person who studies most gets the better mark. no skill involved

HSC
If I had to design a program which does ANYTHING in PHP, I will own all else.

I can make anything, without limit.

Very recently, I made a huge javascript program, with an insane 4 dimentional array data structures, cycles and quing to do a huge task. Actually it seems really simple, but the coding is very complex.

For the record, it's a resource calc for a game I play (cybernations), and afaik, nobody has made anything as close to the quality of mine.

My point is...if the test was really set out like that...I would praise god.

Although I would probably prefer more than 1 or even 3 hours =/
I don't like rushing things, I like layout out complex programs in my head, and thinking for long periods of time about how to best achieve the desired goal.

justfriedy

HSC
Starcraftmazter said:
If I had to design a program which does ANYTHING in PHP, I will own all else.

I can make anything, without limit.

Very recently, I made a huge javascript program, with an insane 4 dimentional array data structures, cycles and quing to do a huge task. Actually it seems really simple, but the coding is very complex.

For the record, it's a resource calc for a game I play (cybernations), and afaik, nobody has made anything as close to the quality of mine.

My point is...if the test was really set out like that...I would praise god.

Although I would probably prefer more than 1 or even 3 hours =/
I don't like rushing things, I like layout out complex programs in my head, and thinking for long periods of time about how to best achieve the desired goal.
WOW. Am i supposed to be impressed? To be perfectly honest very few people care about your programming skills and the fact that you clearly would love to show them off at any given moment. I will admit i am not a very good programmer and i make very simple programs but as a result i have chosen the path of a social life which i believe is more fulfilling. You should try it some day.

Oh and for the record 20/20 MC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)