/æɪs/
HSC
Title: Out
Author: Natsuo Kirino
First published: 1997
Pages: 520
MY RATING: 10/10

my halfway review on another thread will do as a synopsis:

I can't put into actual words how outstanding this book was, nothing I say is gonna do it justice. it was the most perfect, yes I said the most perfect, craftsmanship I've seen in the form of a book, and I've read a fair number of books in my life, this book is art

actual fucking fire

I would kiss the author and yeah she's a woman but I don't care

FIRE

goddamn

no words I have nothing to say, if anyone has any specific questions I'd be happy to answer them but for this review, I've got nothing profound to share lmaoooo my head is spinning I need a break

yk when I was browsing for a book to buy maybe 2 weeks ago, making rounds in the literature section, Out was laying in a pile of only two on a table stacked with much higher piles of other books, idk why I noticed this one and picked it up to see what it's about but when I read the blurb I knew my search was over

Kirino I am quaking in my boots bro ur insane and I love you
im halfway thru the book its rlly good so far
i finished the book last night and uh yea lets not talk about that

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
I also hate Yayoi just a tad because she's the one who murdered her husband but Masako had to cop all the disturbing consequences

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
im still so confused why did masako forgive satake like what i sat there for like 10 minutes tryna think
her mind is fucked up from everything she's seen and done 😭 I think forgiveness is her only coping mechanism bcz she is traumatised beyond repair, and it's probably easier for her to come to terms with what Satake did by convincing herself that she loves him (Stockholm syndrome vibes)

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
I stopped reading the day uni started and it makes me incredibly sad 😔so little time and so many books I wanna read

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
the girl from the Channel Islands is smth I would gift to someone special and really hope they understand the depth of the gesture, I love a good love story that started during a war and has to endure it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)