book lists (1 Viewer)

debugz

HSC
anyone have a clue if UWS has posted their booklists anywhere?
generally coop have them up pretty early, but they havent got uws (and a few others yet) - so has anyone managed to track down any textlists on the uws site?

michelleanne

HSC
debugz said:
generally coop have them up pretty early, but they havent got uws (and a few others yet) - so has anyone managed to track down any textlists on the uws site?

Just wait a week or so, they should be up soon. They usually put them up alltogether. Try calling the actual coop bookshop at your campus, sometimes they know the books.

Other than that, you can try e-mailing lecturers and they would be happy to to tell you.

Sometimes, lecturers are not as organised as they should be and place textbook orders rather late.

Some subjects require readers- which is just photocopied readings or workbooks- they should start arriving at the coop's soon and should all be there within the first week back.....

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
De! OGM!

Yeah, they'll be up at co-op in a few weeks or so, me thinks, since summer session is still going on.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
But when they come up, don't go rushing out and buying the books, cause some lecturers are really really disorganised or they might change their mind on what book you need before semester begins. Use the website as a guide to see how much books cost and what books you may need.

debugz

HSC
hahah sup chrissy how was holidays!

yer... ive ditched uts :S going to uws now..

still enrolled in 2 both, but yer.. ill stick to a new uws corse i think.

got any photos of u and loz on holidays?!

Jonathan A

HSC
debugz said:

The one's on display are mostly summer school books. UWS is not running its summer school fully this year.

You could on Academic Advising Sessions visit the co-op shop and see if they are open.

Jacks

HSC
the co-op website now has 1st semester 2005 text lists for parra and campbelltown campuses. I don't know how complete the lists are but they are there. So go and have a look and see whether any of the books you need are listed there. :)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Jacks said:
the co-op website now has 1st semester 2005 text lists for parra and campbelltown campuses. I don't know how complete the lists are but they are there. So go and have a look and see whether any of the books you need are listed there. :)
You really shouldn't have said that jacks! I had a look for my geology subject - $119.94 for the textbook! I nearly fainted!. Oh well, I'll get my mum to get me the book and get a 20% discount cause she works in a bookshop. Yippee!!!!!!!
But it can wait til uni starts - I better seriously start saving :rolleyes:

Jacks

HSC
hehe sorry cape... ;) that is rather pricey...typically though my campus doesn't have its list yet...stupid bankstown...I have a feeling mine will be pricey too...I had to pay about the price of your geology textbook second semester last year for my italian textbook and CD...but yes saving is definitey an idea....and lucky you that you get a 20% discount...perhaps I should bother becoming a member at some point so I can get my 10% discount or whatever you get...good luck with the saving...uni likes to try desperately hard to send us broke. :uhhuh:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Not to worry ... its all cool. I kinda gathered that I was going to need to buy a textbook for geology. I only needed one textbook all of last year so it really does make up for it. I think you should join the membership ... cause on this book alone your saving $12. Which brings the price down dramatically. Well, no one said that uni was going to be cheap :)

Jacks

HSC
hehe well yes, I never thought uni would see me making money :p (until my degree sees me land a fancy high paying job of course ;)) I might join the membership...since it is lifelong and all hehe.

Last edited:

klh

HSC
how much will it cost everyone?
Me: [i have a memeber card, so prices are 10 discounted]
Marketing Principles:
MArketing Creating Customer Value + Online Card 94.44

Org Behaviour:
Org Behaviour 92.65

Org Analysis and Design:
Org Theory Concepts and cases 80395
Org theory 92.65

Entrpreneurial Management and Innovation:
Managing Innovation: 74.65

total:$435.34

Man, what a chunk out of my wallet. I wish i could sell my damn books and get that damn macdonalds job now. grrrrrr.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
eesh ... goodgrief klh. I'm going to stop complaining now :p

So far its only the geology book for $119.94. Hawkesbury is taking its sweet assed time to post what i need up. But generally we don't need anything for tourism - we just print everything off the net. Maybe i might need one for law, but i dunno, I'll just wait and see.

klh

HSC
hahah, man they should make them binded books that sell for like 20 bucks. sigh, no new dual suspension, coterless cranks mountain bike for me....wahhh

oh well, tehre is still more fees and books to follow...
but this is normal for most biz people anyway.

EDIT: whoops, i mean woman instead of man...i mean...ugg forget it

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Jennifer, join the co-op membership thingo, saves 10% on books. If you save 10% of the total of the books that you said, your saving nearly $80 which is a lot. Also look on campus noticebooks for possible second hand books.

= Jennifer =

HSC
Cape said:
Jennifer, join the co-op membership thingo, saves 10% on books. If you save 10% of the total of the books that you said, your saving nearly $80 which is a lot. Also look on campus noticebooks for possible second hand books.
thanks for that cape...to become a member do i just pick up a form from the co-op bookshop?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Yep, just pick up the form and fill it in and pay $25 (i think it is).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)