Bonus UAI??? (1 Viewer)

patty4848

HSC
Hey I'm in year 12 and I'm from Caringbah High and live in the Shire. I've heard people talking about getting bonus uai points because i go to Caringbah High School, and then even more bonus uai points because i live in the shire. Does anyone know if this is true? If so, how many points???

Thanks

HSC
Yeah there are heaps of Caringbah/Shire (well, quite a few) people at UoW. You don't get bonus points but yeah since you are in the drawing area you will be let into most courses up to three points under the cutoff which is effectively the same thing. Mind you UoW is pretty flexible with entry so you should be sweet in any case.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
i heard you could also get another 3 points off the cutoff if you had done a subject of certain relevance to a course. the example i heard was legal studies and doing law. and that they got a three point bonus. and that they also got 3 points off for being in the shire

McLovin

HSC
hey dont mean to bump threads but does the university know that you get certain bands in relevant subjects? Or do you have to let them know?
noob question lol.

liljd001

HSC
You can get up to 3 bonus points (which can be additional to the 3 you can get for your regional location etc) for doing well in relevant subjects to the course of your choice. You have to check on the UoW site 'points to UOW' and see if you are eligible for any based on your HSC results.

McLovin

HSC
I know i have the 6 total bonus points but do they know that i have received certain bands in relevant subjects or do I have to tell them and prove it?

Katie-

HSC
From the UOW website:
-------------------------
How do I apply for Points to UOW?

No separate application is required, it all happens automatically.
The Points to UOW program is facilitated via the UAC system - if you have a UAC preference for a program at UOW AND your performance in a HSC course is in the specified band, bonus points will be automatically added for that UOW preference.

McLovin

HSC
Katie- said:
From the UOW website:
How do I apply for Points to UOW?

No separate application is required, it all happens automatically.
The Points to UOW program is facilitated via the UAC system - if you have a UAC preference for a program at UOW AND your performance in a HSC course is in the specified band, bonus points will be automatically added for that UOW preference.

Thanks, looks like I didnt look hard enough through the site.

Prosper

HSC
Yeah I got 6 bonus points for comp science/engineering and was thus offered dean scholars, doubt ill go to uow though.

Js^-1

No tengo pantelonès
HSC
Haha. Yay, I have a UAI for entry into Wollongong of 101.4. Gotta love bonus points.

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
From our school it was possibly to get around 8-10 bonus points if we were to go to a SA university. Such points (2 for each) were given for:
- Doing a distant education subject (applying to Flinders University)
- Rural interstate school
- Being first person in family to attend university
- Schools recommendation
Etc, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)