Bonne chance!! (1 Viewer)

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
YAY!! It's over!!!!

It was alright>okay>bad>hideous.... I'm still numb from the whole experience....

I think it was the waiting around that killed me. Listening to the others speaking for 2 hours in french began to erode my confidence....

I got there at 8:30am and I was still No. 104!!!

Kazuya

keio 最高
HSC
I got there around 8:20/30 and i was 37. Were you at Ravenswood, cos if so, no. 104 that's hectic; I would hate to have to wait that long. Nice school though, much better facilities than ours!

It was alright I guess; I think i did better at the PLC practice day, though that counts for nothing. I was worried that the examiner would ask really random, difficult questions but turns out she asked ones that were too basic! I mean she was really nice and she was actually French but I didn't get much chance to elaborate and use some really flashy phrases and stuff cos the questions were so trivial. I got stuff like, "so who pays for stuff when you go to the movies" etc etc. Oh well no more speaking exams hehehehe!

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
I got asked about-
  • My ideal husband
  • Why I wanted to go to Sweden
  • What style of clothes I preferred (this really killed me, 'cause I could pick up that she was insinuating what I was wearing- sorta 50's inspired skirt and top- but I had so much trouble trying to explain it!!)
  • Why I wanted to be an Art teacher (I can't believe I actually even said that! It was all I could think of! I'd already covered University, finding a job and travelling. Then she wanted to know what I was aspiring to become. ARGH!!) Needless to say when she asked me to elaborate I was completely and utterly screwed. ....
  • Going to parties with friend and what I do there.

Argh!!! I thought the examiners name was funny. I seriously thought they were having us on when I saw it. "Gay Bird". I was almost collapsing with laughter before I'd even entered the room! I mean, how unfortunate would you have to be to get such a name!

Anyway. Yeah. Got there half an hour early and was still Number 104... SO lame....:rolleyes:

Last edited:

ally86f

novice
HSC
i got gay bird too!!
she was really nic ei thought.. good exam

gotta go

yeah I was in session 2. I was number 118. RAVENSWOOD IS A MAZE!!!
The woman wouldnt let me talk. After I said a few things she cut me off. I had so much to say but I couldn't coz she didnt give me the chance. I think i screwed up one uestion, like she had to repeat herself 4 times before I undeerstood but oh well.
Im so relieved its all over now, I was fine waiting for the test but when they called me up I got so nervous, but calmed down in the test.
Our teacher sat on the grass outside waiting for us all to see how we did.
Just a shame we never know what mark we get for speaking

Sabbo

HSC
No. 140 at Ravenswood

I found it alright. I basically could always see in which direction he was going..like he asked if i like the cinema so I knew the next question would be about the last film I've seen so yeah..happy that it's over..I bet i made quite a few grammatical errors but the conversation went quite fluently

Ravenswood facilities OMG the waiting hall was like a cinema :) pretty impressive

Last edited:

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
hmm i just entered my thoughts on this in another thread. I was number 111 at Ravenswood in the 11 am session. I totally screwed it up. Not happy at all. And she spoke way to fast and i had to ask her to say it again about four or five times and argh!!!

Sabbo

HSC
tomorrows_angel said:
hmm i just entered my thoughts on this in another thread. I was number 111 at Ravenswood in the 11 am session. I totally screwed it up. Not happy at all. And she spoke way to fast and i had to ask her to say it again about four or five times and argh!!!
Don't worry too much. If the examiner was really speaking too fast they can hear it when marking it and take it into consideration.

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
Awww. *group hug*

It feels good to have a rant to get it out of your system I feel. :mad:

:( ...still can't believe how terribly bad I was at trying to manipulate the conversation. I swear she was dead set on me telling her everything that I was going to do after school. I was running out of things to say... Which is probably how I ended up becoming an aspiring Art Teacher.... :eek:

Pfffffffffffffttttttttttt.

One thing that did slightly annoy me was that there was very little (for me anyway) interaction. For example, I'd say something to which she could have responded to or at least acknowledged.....

Meh.

yeh i had gay bird too lol.
Yeah that woman had an unhealthy obession with after the HSC. Like she asked if i wanted to visit overseas and i was like yeh i want to go skiing in frnace after the hsc.
Also asked me what i wanted to do after hsc. I Replied go to uni and and do a course in economics or geo.
The last question (whick i fuked up big tyme) she aked what do you want to do after the bac. nad i was like oh yeh im going to qld for a wek with my firnds and im gointo go to uni next year . I so had run out of things to say

malkin86

HSC
I got asked a really tricky one:

If you could change anything about the world, what would you change and why?

Geeze...

Aside from that it was ok, although I didn't say much that I had prepared.

omg_a

HSC
phew!!! huge sigh of relief. and i'm so glad i'm not in sydney. i arrived at 8:45 and i was number 4. by 930 i was finished! and i was pretty happy with it, except i got asked about 50 questions on sport (i play basketball, not very well........but she kept asking about it!) i didn't get a single question about anything in the past, or in the future, or living in the country. so i had to try to force in some future stuff....she didn't even ask what was i going to do after the exams. very odd. strange obsession with sport. so....i kinda felt the questions were too simple sometimes, i hardly used any tenses. but it's over now, which is so good.......that is, until extension next week!

big group hug. yay. we made it.

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
skeeze16 said:
Our teacher sat on the grass outside waiting for us all to see how we did.

Awww. That's so sweet.

I SMS'd mine straight afterwards just to say I'd finished. Will probably have an in depth, blow by blow account of the whole thing Monday morning...

I reckon the more I think about it, the worse it becomes. Stupid thing keeps playing on my mind!

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
LOL me 2, my examiner was really nice tho and it made it much easier, i didnt get ne hard questions they were all easy, i rememba she asked me to describe a movie i saw recently and whether i htought information technology is important

Last edited:

chepas

HSC
Yay! Never again shall we have to speak about ourselves in French.

I was number 11 at the 11am session at Newtown - actually it was a pretty big turn out of people from Open High, which was pretty funny considering we see each other so rarely. One of our teachers was an examiner there and apparently new protocol for this year made it 'illegal' for examiners to even tlak to or acknowledge students that you know. Needless to say she came around to all of us for a comforting embrace and some little random practice topics :) She's swell...

All the time I was praying that my examiner person would ask me a question about sport, so I can say that I hate it, go on a tangent, and crap on endlessly about music. and guess what. First question she asks:

"Est-ce que tu aimes le sport?"

I NEARLY DIED!!! I was so happy I pretty much shouted the first two sentences I said. Luckiest happening of my LIFE...

After my crapping on about music, which included my favourite Québec artists - tangent to "I want to live in Canada" - then some stuff about uni and the future, then finito... Ithink she only asked a few questions, cos I can't remember her doing so. I just hope my verbal diarrhoea makes for a good outcome!

If you could change anything about the world, what would you change and why?
Oh for the love of pete... !!!!! Poor soul...

The worst thing about this is, we'll never know how we really did.

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
chepas said:
All the time I was praying that my examiner person would ask me a question about sport, so I can say that I hate it, go on a tangent, and crap on endlessly about music. and guess what. First question she asks:
"Est-ce que tu aimes le sport?"

HAHAHA!! YAY!!!! Ditto! Except I think I went on a tangent about being lazy and preferrring to cook and listen to music rather than do sport. Got the Olympic Games question though, which was pretty easy to handle. I think I got talking about the synchronised diving and how incredible it is to watch....:rolleyes: Gawd I made up some bizarre crap. Whoever marks it, is going to be in hysterics at how stupid it all is and how loopy I sound.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
yeh i sound real st00pid... i sed "phenomenal" which is an odd word to use ... the first question i got was bout tv, and i twisted that to olympic games, she asked me bout sport, i sed some crap bout that, like i used to play cricket with a team and stuff, umm tehn we focused on family, my future plans, information technology for some really bizzare reason (ive neva come across this- i made it up on the spot, and twistedround to say that french is actually quite important as well...)...then she asked the EXACT question i had prepared for hte night b4, est-ce que tu as vu un film recemment, hmm and that was it... I thought that time flew tho, that did not feel like nething near 10 mins long...and i nearly got lost at ravenswood hall when i was leaving hte exam room :p

omg_a

HSC
oh, and, just because an exam is never complete without a mind blank, i forgot how to say 'soon'. Nice work. argh! and my examiner threw me by saying (in french) oh i think we're finished now. i said, good, then she asked if i was playing sport this afternoon.....unfortunately my brain had already started to shut down so i kind of just mumbled non, pas ce samedi.???!
my teacher was there when i got there, so i talked to her for 20 minutes, but then she got told she had to leave, but she stayed all morning for all of us, coz we're her 'chickens'! she's such a sweetie, a mother hen, to continue the metaphor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)