Bond 2008 (1 Viewer)

exospacial

HSC
N/A
I heard Bond was very good...and very expensive situated in a very nice place. Good for you.

HSC
bond is full of dumb rich daddy's girls, pompous wankers and international students who can't speak english. have fun with that.

bassbeats.

HSC
katietheskatie said:
bond is full of dumb rich daddy's girls, pompous wankers and international students who can't speak english. have fun with that.
You obviously haven't been to the campus or spoken to any staff who work there. With my UAI I could have chosen to go to ANU but Bond has outrun that university the last few years and so remains the best option for me. Plus I have a scholarship - so I am not a dumb, rich, daddy's girl as you stereotype ppl.

Anyway...why would I spend 5 years of my life at uni when I can spend 3 and receive the same if not better career prospects?

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
bassbeats. said:
You obviously haven't been to the campus or spoken to any staff who work there. With my UAI I could have chosen to go to ANU but Bond has outrun that university the last few years and so remains the best option for me. Plus I have a scholarship - so I am not a dumb, rich, daddy's girl as you stereotype ppl.

Anyway...why would I spend 5 years of my life at uni when I can spend 3 and receive the same if not better career prospects?
Uh, becase Bond is such a total non-entity that they need to accelerate their students through their degrees?

And just so you know, employers really don't give a shit about where you got your degree. The only thing that matters is that you can do what your degree says you can do; workplace skills are more important than what university you went t, so don't be giving us any of this crap about "better career prospects".

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
ObjectsInSpace said:
And just so you know, employers really don't give a shit about where you got your degree.
No, not really.

Congrats to the OP but what exactly has Bond 'outrun' ANU in?

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
ari89 said:
No, not really.
Uh, no. Employers care more about the skills that you have when you leave uni more than they care about the actual uni you went to. If a person graduates from somewhere like CSU with excellent presentation and leadership skills, they're more likely to get a position than someone from USyd with the same degree but none of the skills.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
ObjectsInSpace said:
Employers care more about the skills that you have when you leave uni more than they care about the actual uni you went to.
I never disagreed with that but in professions such as law old school employers have a biased emphasis on the uni and to say that employers don't care was a bit misleading.

Edit: (hope it doesn't look like i'm being an ass)

Last edited:

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
ari89 said:
I never disagreed with that but in professions such as law old school employers have a biased emphasis on the uni and to say that employers don't care was a bit misleading.
They care less and less every day as the workplace is changing almost as quickly as employers can keep up with it. They can't afford to have a biased emphasis for much longer, and it's likely they won't care at all by the time we graduate. I said they don't care what uni you went to for a reason: because that's what you should assume. If you walk out of uni and expect a job based on the fact that you went to this university as opposed to that one, you're going to be sorely disappointed. There are no guarantees in the world outside university.

EDIT: It doesn't

HSC
bassbeats. said:

i'd rather spend an extra two years at uni and save myself the outrageously overpriced fees?

bond hasn't outrun anu in anything. bond is a pretentious circle jerk of a university that tries so hard to make itself look like a prestigious place like harvard or whatever .. from designing the buildings to make it look like an oldschool sandstone university, to bringing in professors from big name overseas universities .. and as far as i've heard from people who've graduated and people in the industry, people laugh at bond university. why? because it's shit and has its head too far up its own ass to realise this.

Season

HSC
Hmmm

ANU is a top 8 university, has a gorgeous campus, and ranks no. one continuously out of Australian universities...

Plus university should be fun, sure your degree might be shorter but you won't have any holidays, any time to muck around and just enjoy being a student. Work isn't near as fun as university.

But I'm being a bit of a bitch here, good for you for getting the scholarship, heard its a beautiful campus.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Season said:
heard its a beautiful campus
Meh. There are some nice fountains, but a lot of the architecture is pretty uninspired, and it's on the Gold Coast so there's so much fucking glare around all the time that you can't actually see anything without squinting.
loser101 said:
is BOND a full paying uni only?
Yes.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Season said:
heard its a beautiful campus.
And if good-looking campuses equalled a quality learning experience, the thread-starter would be all set. But in this universe, it's other factors that are considered muchmore important. I've complained, but that's just the way it is.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
loser101 said:
so long as they put out i'll be happy
Shame about them being frigid and all ...

See, dumb, rich Daddy's girls or no, it's that kind of attitude that's going to land you before the sexual harrassment board and the Powers That Be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)