Bombed general maths trial - where to go from here? (1 Viewer)

goobypls

HSC
Hey guys i recently did my trial exam for general maths and I'm fairly confident that I did terribly, missed out on one or two questions that were worth 5 and 7 marks respectively as well as not feeling confident in the other sections. I've been getting around 60-70% for most of my assessments this year (I know thats bad) and was wondering if achieving a solid band 5 is still possible. I know HSC exams start in a little under 2 months and was wondering what the best plan of attack is to do well in my externals so my ATAR doesnt get absolutely fucked. I've got the excel HSC book with 15 past papers but the syllabus changed this year so some of the questions may be irrelevant. Any tips or advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys i recently did my trial exam for general maths and I'm fairly confident that I did terribly, missed out on one or two questions that were worth 5 and 7 marks respectively as well as not feeling confident in the other sections. I've been getting around 60-70% for most of my assessments this year (I know thats bad) and was wondering if achieving a solid band 5 is still possible. I know HSC exams start in a little under 2 months and was wondering what the best plan of attack is to do well in my externals so my ATAR doesnt get absolutely fucked. I've got the excel HSC book with 15 past papers but the syllabus changed this year so some of the questions may be irrelevant. Any tips or advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Try doing some past papers from other schools?

What is your rank like? School as well?

It's still possible to achieve a band 5 but you'll need to work a lot more efficiently!

goobypls

HSC
Try doing some past papers from other schools?

What is your rank like? School as well?

It's still possible to achieve a band 5 but you'll need to work a lot more efficiently!
My rank is like 50/85 or something pretty bad, my school rank is in the low 60s but I dont know how that will affect me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)