• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Body Of Work (fashion) HELP ME!! (1 Viewer)

Photographer07

HSC
hey people

i really need your help here. i have a big concept and very little time

im not going to give away too much -

ne1 who has ne ideas about how i can portray the concept i am trying to acheive in my B.O.W???

I am doing 1800s and 70s both female and male.

i need ideas on how i can show sexuality, race and socoeconomic status all in one artwork and the mediums i can use

please help :]

shortay26

HSC
how bout makeup..

i was reading sum stuff on cindy sherman

how she used make up..diff clothes and backgrounds and stuff

you hav a really good concept...+ good pics

*miranda*

HSC
makeup, costume, pose etc. even colour perhaps could be representative of status, sexuality, race. You're location (i'm assuming your using photography) is going to be a big part of it and then the way you set up people in the photo(s)

Okay so you also asked about mediums....so to me the obvious one is photography - are you setting it up as a fashion magazine perhaps that isn't like a fashion mag as we know it but one that deals with issues that you listed and fashion associated with them - therefore you could go black and white (classy but scratches out use of colour for symbolism) or you could go very bright, brassy, colours with black and white photos as well depending on what you're trying to communicate...um....painting, drawing....fashion to me says fashion drawings which could be included or you could then digitially combine those with your photos...um...

i don't know if any of that will be any help....i could just be going over things you've already thought of.

Photographer07

HSC
thanx for ur opinion

Im not doing it like a mag. Its going to be on canvas. Big canvas.
Im using material, photography, and painting.

Im just trying to find a deeper way of sending the message across rather than something so simplistic.
I'd prefer to go complicated and let others interpret the artwork for themselves.

All my assignments have been like that, and i have gotten a high mark for all of my work. But because its HSC i need to think beyond. Does that make ne sense??

But thankyou for your help :]
Very much appreciated.

Xx

*miranda*

HSC
complicated! rightio!
canvas, wow they'll look great if you do them well. how many canvases? or is it going to just be one major 1? i was thinking of doing something heaps like this but then i completley changed my mind um...so what if you assign each medium type to a certain idea? :S if its going to be massive i think pose is going to be heaps important - like a pose or a look that will stop people in their tracks when they look at it and go shit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)